SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Memoriam: Trennick "Trenny" Elliott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: In Memoriam: Trennick "Trenny" Elliott Reply with quote

I have received the sad news that Trenny Elliott, wife of Captain George Elliott, has passed away.

The following is a portion of a notification forwarded to me and sent by Admiral Hoffman to members of the SVPT community...

Quote:
It is with deep regret that I inform you that Mrs. Trennick Marvil "Trenny" Elliott, wife of our esteemed shipmate, Captain George Elliott USN, succumbed after a brief illness with cancer, on the evening of December 30, 2006.

Trenny was one of the first organizers and most productive campaigners in our Swift Boat Veterans and POWs for Truth organization. She will be remembered forever as an energetic and cordial lady, helpful in every respect. Her inspirational leadership will live on.

Our most sincere sympathy to Captain George Elliott and family.

Roy F. Hoffmann

My prayers in gratitude for her life of service and my deepest condolences to Captain Elliott, his extended family and to the entire SVPT community for their loss.

Rest in peace Trenny...and thank you.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She will be remembered forever as an energetic and cordial lady, helpful in every respect. Her inspirational leadership will live on.

How very true. I had a few conversations online here with her and she was a very gracious lady.

My deepest and sincerest condolences to Capt. Elliot and family.

Her presence will indeed be missed.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenny Elliott was a delight! From the very first email exchange between us, I felt like I had known her for years. She preferred to stay in the background, but believe me, she kept up with everything posted on this board!! That year of 2004 was sheer hell for the family members of the Swiftboat Vets as they had to deal with the unfriendly media exposure. It took a great amount of courage for those wives and children to support their husbands and fathers, and Trenny was one of the gutsiest ladies I've ever met!! She and George were a great team, and she is going to be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing her.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

SVPT Photos--There's alot you can tell from a person through just a few emails. A simple request for photos with the accompanying responses let me know real quick that Trenny was one of a kind-- hard working,dedicated and inclusive.

A Real Gem.
George
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was so lively and energetic and funny and young! She loved reading here on this group and was grateful for the support from you all. Very gracious and absolutely charming - what a lovely lady!

It's not hard to imagine that she was the center and support of her family, her circles of friends - my heart aches for them.

We love you, Trenny. God bless your family and friends with comfort and strength until you're all reunited, again.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, a very special and gracious lady

from her Coming Out post after that election day
Quote:
However, you wonderful people on this forum have become a very important part of my life. I didn't post much but I spent many hours here each day. My dear husband left the research and printing up to me and he did the reading and follow-up action. You folks made my life so much easier--I didn't have to do the research because you did it for me. All I had to do was click and print. There were days when I spent up to 9 hours doing just that. Without you, I would have had to find the information for myself.

On the days when things were looking grim I could always come here and get a "pick me up" from your posts and I did that often.

What I am trying to say is that all of your folks on this forum, whether you realize it or not, played a VERY large role in making this happen. I just want to let you know that all of you are loved and appreciated. They couldn't have done it without your dedication and I know how much I depended on all of you.

Many many thanks for your dedication, support and caring. You're all wonderful people!!!!

Trenny Elliott
wife of George Elliott
COMCOSDIV 11 '68-'69

My sincere condolences Captain Elliott and family on their loss
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trennick Marvil Elliott
past chamber president

Trennick Marvil Elliott, 68, of Lewes, passed away peacefully at her residence Saturday, Dec. 30, 2006, surrounded by her loving family.

Mrs. Elliott was born June 27, 1938 in Philadelphia, Pa., daughter of the late Dr. James E. and Comfort Ingram Marvil.

Mrs. Elliott graduated from Hollins College in Roanoke, Va. in 1960. She was past president of the Lewes Chamber of Commerce and was currently a director of the Lewes Historical Society.

She was also an active volunteer member of the Overfalls Maritime Museum Foundation.

She is survived by her husband of 46 years, George M. Elliott; one daughter, Kristin Marvil Elliott and her husband Michael Elliott and two granddaughters, Bethany Brooke and Erin Elizabeth all of Sanger, Texas; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.

The family suggests memorial contributions be made to Lewes Historical Society, 110 Shipcarpenter St., Lewes, DE 19958 or to the Overfalls Maritime Museum Foundation, P.O. Box 413, Lewes, DE 19958.

Cape Gazette
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenny's funeral was packed and people had to stand along the walls of St. Peter's. It was a beautiful service and I am so glad we were able to attend. It was obvious that many, many people wanted to pay their last respects to a great Navy wife and a wonderful community volunteer in Lewes, Deleware.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't recall ever communcating with her but here's to Ms Trenny * 21 gun salute*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: