SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Prayer Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: A Prayer Please Reply with quote

from email (and my 2 cents at bottom of page)

Danny "Greasy" Belcher, Executive Director
Task Force Omega of KY Inc.
Vietnam Infantry Sgt. 68-69
"D" Troop 7th Sqdn. 1st Air Cav

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:52 AM
Subject: Update Steve Golding

Spoke with Mack last night, and she said that Steve is doing a little better. He has been taken off of the Ventilator and they have removed the Feeding Tube. She believes that the Fluid in his Lungs is gone.
He is scheduled for CAT Scans today, to see how he is doing, and to get the status of what Mack says is Cancer in his left arm. From what she said, I take it there is a Tumor in that area up near his neck.
They are still hopeful that he may be home for the Holidays but that will depend on how he progresses. With all of his recent set backs, and it already being the first week of December, that thought is still up in the air!
The most important thing is that he begins to build his strength back up, so that he can fight this.
Mack sounded not only tired but said that her cold has come back. No wonder, as I am sure with all the stress and lack of sleep, that she is worn out. I told Mack that all of us, continue keep them all in our Prayers.
God Bless,
Rick

NOW MY 2 CENTS:
for those unaware who steve is here's a little bio
http://www.ojc.org/NL/nov99/volunteer1199.html

and for those who haven't seen it this is his creation

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
i've been within footsteps of steve a number of times and never introduced even though we've
emailed each other a number of times.
Once at Ted Guy's funeral at Arlington
another at nj's run for the wall
another where he was one block away at chelsea piers in nyc after 9/11 doing volunteer work.
i was doing volunteer work for ambulance crews and construction workers on the corner cooking hamburgers and handing out water in front of the red rock saloon.
a damn shame i never got to shake his hand. so close, so many times. i consider him a good friend and wish him well.
he lives about an hour away now and i hear he's in a bad way in the hospital
he's strong enough to kick it and i still owe him lunch
when he gets out.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS STEVE GOLDING
eddie the lock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

email from Rick

My Friends:
I just received a call from Steve's Sister Laura. Steve and Laura's Sister Pat called to say that Our Brother Steve is in a Vegetative State due to his Heart having stopped Wednesday night. According to Mack, they will be taking Steve off of the machines some time tomorrow.
It is with a heavy heart and tears that I pass this message along to all of you!
A Heavy Heart, not for our Brother Steve, but for Mack, Ashley, and all of us who have been Blessed to have Steve in our lives. I know that we will surely miss him, but I know where Steve will be, and I know that God will Welcome Him Home With Open Arms!
The Tears are for the fact that I was unsuccessful in Steve and our Goal to Bring Our Captive Brothers Home. I so wanted Steve to see that!
Please continue to Pray for Mack, Ashley, and Steve's Family and Friends. God Bless all of you!

With Love and Regret,
Rick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

email from Rick

Just spoke with Laura and she received another phone call from her Sister Pat, who had just spoken with Mack.
Mack still feels Steve still has Brain Activity, and after talking with the Doctors tomorrow, she wants to bring Steve home! I have no idea why the change or what is going on! I do not know if they did another EEG and there was a change, or what is happening! Before I put out any thing new, I will wait to speak with Mack first hand!
Just continue to Pray!

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

email from Rick

To all:
If I screw this up forgive me, as it is hard to type!
I just spoke with Mack, and the EEG showed 'Minimal Brain Activity' and their diagnosis is, that our Brother is Brain Dead. They also did a Breathing Test, and Steve will stay on a Respirator to allow Family and Friends to come in and say 'Goodbye'!
The decision to remove him from that, will be made this weekend. As Mack said, all we can do know is wait and see if God Takes Over! I do believe in Miracles, and I hope God does and performs the Miracle we Pray for. But, if it is not His Will to do that, then I Pray He brings Steve home!
Mack said to contact all of you and for you all to put the word out!
Please Pray for Steve, Mack, Ash, and their Families.

Regretfully,
Rick
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers for the family sent up.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: