SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Official- Hildebeast Announces
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: It's Official- Hildebeast Announces Reply with quote

Hillary: 'I'm In to Win'
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245160,00.html

Now we can make sure the Truth is out there on her. I don't understand her attraction to the female voters. I certainly would not vote for a woman who stayed with a man who treated her like Bill did. It doesn't portray a strong woman to me but rather one who was fearfull of either being alone or of something he knows about her she doesn't want out. Either way it isn't a position of strenght.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, coincidentally?

Quote:
SCHUMER A PARTY POOPER
NEW BOOK: DEMS 'LOST TOUCH' WITH MIDDLE CLASS
By IAN BISHOP
January 20, 2007

WASHINGTON - In a revealing new book on politics, Sen. Charles Schumer comes out with guns blazing - not at President Bush, but at his own Democratic Party.

Schumer, one of the most powerful figures in Washington, rips his party for being in the clutches of special-interest groups for too long and for losing touch with the middle class.

"Washington Democrats too often took their cues from interest groups without considering the needs of the average person," he writes in "Positively American," which is due to hit stores next week.

"Group identities around the country were less important, but those claiming to represent group interests in Washington were stronger than ever," Schumer wrote. "Democrats had lost touch with their base - the middle class."

He charges that clueless Democrats had their heads in the sand and didn't even realize they'd lost the confidence of the key voting group.

"We talked about them, but we didn't listen to them. Even worse, we were under the illusion that they liked what we had to say," he wrote.

"In the 2004 election, the middle class was the runaway bride and Democrats were left standing at the altar," Schumer wrote of an election that saw Democrats lose seats in the House and Senate, and John Kerry get thumped by Bush.

<snip>

And it was at the restaurant where he saw the "sobering" data that the Democrats still lost middle-class whites by 6 percentage points in the 2006 congressional elections.

NY Post - cont'd

The strength of the vacuum created behind Hillary and Chuck's dash to the center could possibly bend light.

Makes me wonder if Schumer isn't entertaining some thoughts about a hat in the ring himself.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned earlier, read "I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A YANKEES FAN" by Thomas D. Kuiper. F-bombs? Yep and more.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's not letting the grass grow between her toes either...

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
She's not letting the grass grow between her toes either...

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

interesting that that was filmed when the grass was green, and flowers were blooming ( if backdrop is real) she's had that in the can for a while Wink
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone notice that in the Hildebeast's video announcement, through the window behind her are trees with flowers on them? When did she film her announcement? Last Spring?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Did anyone notice that in the Hildebeast's video announcement, through the window behind her are trees with flowers on them? When did she film her announcement? Last Spring?

Um...I think Kate did...right above you Wink Laughing

BTW, what's with the incessant camera movement? Is she so inanimate that you need motion in a video of her? Laughing
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Kate, I missed your post above mine.
Not only am I getting old, now I must be going blind as well.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough cough, hack hack*
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the upshot:

between the hype of her running and obama running the media's attention will be focused mostly on sucking up to one or the other of them.

Which just pounds more nails into Lurch's already dismal chances of being nominated by his party for POTUS again.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arkadyfolkner wrote:
Which just pounds more nails into Lurch's already dismal chances of being nominated by his party for POTUS again.

In re-thinking this, I'm not now convinced that Kerry will be willing to jeopardize his senate seat, as much as it pains him, on what now looks like a near impossible second quest for the nomination.

The only thing I can think of that might change the analysis is that Kerry MIGHT covet a cabinet position (if it's the right one) more than a continuation of his Senate career.

We need to watch just who Kerry cozies up to as this game of political "Monopoly" develops.
C-130 Son
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote an article and submitted it to be posted as a guest blog post on her new blog. Since I am confident it will never be published there, I went ahead and published it on my own blog here: http://botwinick.wordpress.com/2007/01/21/hillary-clinton-on-abortion/

Laughing
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never vote for Hiliary, nor Obama. I think he scares me more than Hiliary. What do we really know about Obama? We know his father is a Muslim, mother an athiest, so you have to wonder what type of Islam he was raised. I think I would rather have Hiliary on the primary rather than Obama. I just don't trust the media who adores Obama and would make him the next saint...yet we know he is very liberal in his views. But his belief's and childhood is all very quiet and hush hush...I am sure Hilary will come out fighting.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rightbias.com
Quote:
Dick Morris Looks To 'Swift Boat' Hillary
Nancy Morgan
RightBias
January 21, 2007

Dick Morris, longtime former aide to Bill Clinton, is soliciting funds to finance an expose - documentary film of Senator Hillary Clinton who announced last week her intention to run for president in 2008.

In a letter sent to Republican mailing lists this week, Morris asks for contributions of $25 to $100 to help in his efforts.

"If you liked how the Swift Boat Veterans turned the tide against John Kerry, you understand how a top Clinton aide can turn the tables and stop a Clinton style liberal from becoming the next president of the United States."

Syndicated columnist Robert Novak has reported that Morris' appeal was made through The Presidential Coalition - run by conservative activist Dave Bossie.

Dick Morris is widely credited with the successful 1995 -96 campaign that resulted in Bill Clinton's re-election as President. As an aide to the Clinton's for over 20 years, Morris has been in a position to shed light on many episodes that reflect unfavorably on Hillary.

In 2004, Dick Morris and his wife, Eileen Gann published 'Rewriting History' which debunked many claims Hillary had made in her biography, 'Living History'

More recently, Dick Morris has been an active proponent of Secretary of State Condaleeza Rice for president in 2008, though Rice claims she has no intention of running.

As a savvy political strategist with an impressive track record, Morris is well positioned to do damage to Hillary's presidential aspirations. His letter this week appears to be the first volley.

Swift boating is out there now, in the American politcal vernacular.
Hopefully Morris doesn't sully it and sticks with an expose of facts.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter the facts, if Morris sticks to the facts it will be called swiftboating just as if Morris were to write an attack piece full of lies!
Ironicly, the Dems may all become their own worst nightmares in the months to come! So far Schumer's written his negative campaign by book, Hillary's bashed Obama's madrassa education childhood, etc. My current favorite tho' is Chris Matthews calling Hilary "Dukakis in a dress"...you can find that here:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1771794/posts

along with lotsa 'hilarity'

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: