SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We do not ship to APO addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: We do not ship to APO addresses Reply with quote

http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/276506

To Whom it may concern:

Do you ship to APO addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.

SGT Hess

On Tue Jan 16 3:25 , (e-mail deleted by Admin/me#1) sent:

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM

Subject: Re: Feedback: from (name deleted by admin/me#1)

SGT Hess,

We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

(name deleted by admin/me#1)

Comment from Don Bendell
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear IQ-challenged management at (name deleted by admin/me#1);

I checked with snopes.com and found out that you were actually arrogant and stupid enough to respond to a SGT Hess writing you from Iraq saying that you would never ship any mats to soldiers in Iraq, and if he were smart he would leave there and come home. I am BCCing this email to many and emails are already going around the web about your treasonous remarks. Yes, treasonous! You do not say things like that to an American fighting man or woman in harm’s way who is risking their life so you and others could have the right to be so damned ignorant. I have horses and would not even wipe their s**t on one of your mats, as I do not want to denigrate what comes out of my horses’ a**es. It has much more substance and class than what comes out of you.

Since your actual name and address is:

(name/address deleted by admin/me#1)

I sincerely hope that some of my fellow Vietnam veterans and other vets in your area visit your location and express their views in person, or better yet, organize boycotts of your business. You are allowed to be against the war or even speak out against it, but you don’t disrespect our men and women when they are off fighting in a foreign land. Nobody is going to attack you physically, but you sure can get a message by having a lighter wallet because of boycotts. I hope others see that it happens. In fact, I also addressed this to Martin Kaiser senior editor of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and Gerise LaSpisa, President of the West Allis COC, and I think the West Allis Star might also be interested to hear how you have put that part of the country on the map. Also, people need to hear about your refusal to apologize to our soldiers and veterans for your totally inappropriate remarks, and you not even answering inquiries from snopes.com. From my point of view, I guess you have shown us all a new San Francisco mindset and I will be defensive if anybody wants me to do business not only with your company but any business in your part of the USA .

De Oppresso Liber,

Don Bendell

Bendell Enterprises
(address/phone deleted by admin/me#1)
Isaiah 6:8

Please visit: www.donbendell.com and www.bendellkarate.com

Buy Don 's new novel now, a modern day military thriller, BROKEN BORDERS, the exciting sequel to CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DETACHMENT, released worldwide by Berkley(Penguin) and available everywhere.

"Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam."

Admin note: It is a long established forum policy to refrain from posting the personal data of private individuals or concerns. Interested parties may check the link provided./me#1
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for preserving our high standards, me#1. That's the main reason I keep retuning to this site for intelligent disscussion of all the issues. No histrionics allowed; if you want Oprah or Springer, turn on the boob tube. (Is that word allowed Question )

A quick search of the www turned up the name of the offending company. Given their "target" market, that is really unbelievable!

We are talking about somebody who shares their name with an airport in Chicago, right?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
We are talking about somebody who shares their name with an airport in Chicago, right?

The link at the top of the OP will get you where you want to go...
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for steering me in the right direction.

Perhaps the Swift Vets could offer an online course on proper utilization of a search engine. Nitwits like me could use it Embarassed
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Fox News story on the incident:

GIs in Iraq Get Their Mats After Enduring Insult From Web-Based Company
Wednesday, January 24, 2007

All he asked of a Web-based mattress company was to send mats so he and his fellow GIs wouldn't have to sleep on the cold, bug-invested ground of one of the harshest posts in Iraq.
What he got, instead, was an insult, a slur aimed at every American soldier enduring the hardships of duty.
"I was appalled at the response," Sgt. Jason Hess told FOX News in an email received Tuesday afternoon from Iraq a day after his story was told. "A simple response would have been, I'm sorry but we do not ship overseas."
Hess, part of the 1st Cavalry Divison, is stationed in Taji, a former Republican Guard stronghold, and one of the toughest outposts in Iraq.
Last week, Hess emailed Discount-Mats.com to ask if he could purchase mats so he and his unit did not have to endure the constant assault from sand mites, sand flies and other disease carriers that inhabit the ground.
In his email, dated Jan. 16, 2007, he asked the company, registered to Faisal Khetani, an American Muslim of Pakistani descent:
"Do you ship to APO (military) addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for ships to APO first."
On the same day, Hess received this reply:
"SGT Hess,
We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.
Bargain Suppliers
Discount-Mats.com"
Discount-Mats.com is run out of Khetani's home in West Allis, Wis. In a telephone interview Tuesday with FOX News, Khetani said he had fired the employee who sent the email, a claim that FOX News has not been able to confirm. He also said he has received thousands of phone calls to his home and business from people protesting the email exchange.
Hess said that he has since found two mat suppliers who shipped to an APO address in Iraq.
Meanwhile, FOX News has received thousands of emails asking how to donate mats and other items to U.S. soldiers in Iraq.
Rob Timmons, an Iraq veteran and a veteran outreach coordinator, recommended the following Web sites:
http://www.iava.org
www.army.mil

Fox News

note: Link added/me#1
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That email from Don Bendell almost had me. Right up to the point of the advertisement for the book. Then I tossed it off as just another method of spamming. Shame he couldn't stay on point.

I'm going to take the owner of the mat company at his word for now. He's an immigrant trying to make a living and happened to hire a wingnut - happens to a lot of companies. He supposedly took immediate action so done deal.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This blogger has been all over this story, with phone calls, follow-ups, etc. and has a lot more information, if you're interested.

http://euphoricreality.com/2007/01/21/lefty-retailer-insults-troops-2/
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
That email from Don Bendell almost had me. Right up to the point of the advertisement for the book. Then I tossed it off as just another method of spamming. Shame he couldn't stay on point.

I'm going to take the owner of the mat company at his word for now. He's an immigrant trying to make a living and happened to hire a wingnut - happens to a lot of companies. He supposedly took immediate action so done deal.

don't sell Bendell short, i posted that from his email. that is his signature, he is the man. a class act.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: