SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

James Webb and John Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyFlightSurgeon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: James Webb and John Kerry Reply with quote

I think I understand Jim Webb and his background, having been a doctor to many like him in Vietnam. With his Scotch-Irish temper, and opposition to the Iraq war, for whatever reasons, I can even see his hostile reaction to President Bush.
But for the life of me I cannot understand how he could have brought himself to shake John Kerry's hand (after decades of specifically refusing to do so) and accept help from him during his Senate campaign.
Does anyone have any insight into this? Has Jim Webb ever explained his actions or retracted them?
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: James Webb and John Kerry Reply with quote

ArmyFlightSurgeon wrote:

for the life of me I cannot understand how he could have brought himself to shake John Kerry's hand (after decades of specifically refusing to do so) and accept help from him during his Senate campaign.
Does anyone have any insight into this? Has Jim Webb ever explained his actions or retracted them?

Doc, I have read one of his books, (the one about the ScotsIrish history) and he now seems 180 out from the person who penned that story.
I don't have any explanation, either.......other than the old saw about "Politics making strange bedfellows".
I am even more mystified by McCain's strange friendship with Kerry over the years, (even talk 2 years ago about a Kerry/McCain ticket?) After McCain's time as an NV POW and the additional suffering they all endured as a result of Kerry's actions, I stand in awe of his being able to even be in the same room with Kerry without having to be restrained from physical attacking him.
Back to "Politics making strange bedfellows" I guess.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I stand disappointed in any American who can be in the same room with John Kerry and not have to be physically restrained.
Far as I'm concerned, every person in America ought to get to lay 10 lashes on him. Hard ones.

Dusty
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe time has eroded thei memory ha?
Or maybe Webb and McCain got hit in the head once or twice.
Does anyone suppose we'll see them singing gumbaya with Hanoy Jane on March 17th in DC?
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington DC changes most who go there. A person must have an unbelieavably strong character to withstand the abundant moral turpitude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: