SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kerry grills...nominee over SVPT contribution"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: "Kerry grills...nominee over SVPT contribution" Reply with quote

Having to swallow fraud Kerry's self-serving posturing without responding in kind demonstrates a level of diplomatic discretion that should make Sam Fox a shoo-in for ambassadorial confirmation.

It is unfortunate, however, that the pathetic coward Kerry is virtually guaranteed diplomatic immunity in such a hearing and can beatup on Fox and his support of the Swiftvets to his black heart's content. Were the circumstances otherwise, Fox would probably state it was the best 50 grand he ever spent...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Kerry grills ambassador nominee over Swift Boat contribution
By SAM HANANEL
The Associated Press
Feb 27, 2007 9:01 PM (39 mins ago)

WASHINGTON - A Senate hearing that began with glowing tributes to a St. Louis businessman and his qualifications to become ambassador to Belgium turned bitterly divisive Tuesday after he was criticized for supporting a controversial conservative group.

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., grilled nominee Sam Fox about why he donated $50,000 to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth during the 2004 presidential race. The group of Vietnam veterans made unsubstantiated allegations against Kerry - then the Democratic presidential nominee - and charged that Kerry did not deserve the medals he received in the Vietnam War.

"Might I ask you what your opinion is with respect to the state of American politics as regards the politics of personal destruction?" Kerry asked near the end of Fox's hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Fox, one of the nation's most generous contributors to Republican candidates and causes, said he shared Kerry's concerns that politics "has become mean and destructive."

Fox said he didn't recall who asked him to give to the group and blamed partisans on both sides for contributing to so-called 527 groups that are not subject to conventional campaign finance rules.

"So is that your judgment that you would bring to the ambassadorship, that two wrongs make a right?" Kerry asked.

"I did it because politically it's necessary if the other side's doing it," Fox said.

Fox said he played no part in crafting the Swift Boat message and called on Congress to ban or more carefully regulate 527s.

But Kerry said the incident raised questions about Fox's fitness to serve as an ambassador.

<snip>

Fox, 77, is founder and chairman of the Clayton, Mo.-based Harbour Group. He is one of the top individual donors to the Republican Party and was deemed a "pioneer" by President Bush's campaign for helping raise at least $100,000.

When Bush nominated Fox for the ambassador post last month, he was expected to be easily confirmed by the full Senate. It was not immediately clear whether Kerry's concerns would jeopardize Fox's chances.

<snip>

After Kerry's questions, Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., said "it would be a terrible shame" to disqualify someone because of political contributions they made during an election.

Examiner.com

The video from the committee is now available here. Kerry's questioning commences at 1:32:55. He starts to address Fox's contribution to the Swiftvets at 1:51:40.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Obama, who is running for president, said he would have preferred if Fox admitted it was a mistake to contribute to the Swift Boat group.

Sour grapes from members of the same party?

Yet, they accuse us on the right of being divisive?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left is disillusioned and is now snapping at anything close, like a dog with rabies.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude has major psychological problems to say the least.
and I don't think it started in Nam.
Flip-flop "reporting for duty" Gankis Kerry must have had a very unhappy childhood.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more entertaining barbs at our junior embarrassment from
MassaChusetts can be viewed at the Freep thread suffering
thru the same misrepresentations of our heroes the Swiftees...
via any catalyst, this time Ambassador Fox, age 77!
Unless Fox had a poker face, hopefully at least one stifled
guffaw came thru....to keep Scarey awake at nite.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1793630/posts

Deuce
Wonder if Scarey will be with Jane Fonda on Mar. 17...
(what kind of Tobacco Juice flys farthest?)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was both disappointed and frustrated that Mr. Fox appeared to be hamstrung by America's fraud and compelled to "assume the position."

After reading David Limbaugh's offering, Mr. Fox appears to have missed the opportunity of a lifetime. In hindsight, had he responded in a fashion envisioned by Limbaugh, he could have had his Kerry and eaten him too.

Thanks for the heads-up deuce...a keeper fersure and worth archiving here. In fact, it warrants its own topic.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Fox character is apparently a wimp.

He could have told Kerry squarely that he contributed heavily to the Swiftvets because he did not want Kerry to be elected president.

I'm still waiting for someone to face Kerry publicly with his treason.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must give credit where credit is due!
If it wasn't for Scarry-Kerry we would not be having these discussions,
We wouldn't have made all the on-line friends we made.
This website wouldn't even exhist!
So I will be the first to thank John for bringing us all toghether,
Thank you John! Keep up to good work!!!

Sorry, the Kerry bunny pic wont upload.
See it here: http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funnypictures/ig/100-Funny-Pictures/John-Kerry-Bunny-Suit.htm
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry's arrogance that causes him to believe anyone who did not support him in 2004 must be suspect is beyond belief. If you think he has given up being the president, you have not paid enough attention to what he has been up to since the 1970's.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not consider Kerry out of the race.

1: He has flip-flopped on all other issues, why believe him now that he says he's not running?

2: He learned in '04 that an early start gives US the opportunity to chop him up.

3: He came within a few thousand votes in Ohio to beating a popular incumbent in a time of war.

4: He has a major following since '04. (I didn't know there were so many dupes in this country. Voting dupes mind you.

5: If he were to team up with Hillary and her war chest they would be very hard to beat.

I don't think we’ve seen or heard the last of him yet.

PS: I think he still has his magic hat from Cambodia!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: