SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Swift Boating the Swift Boaters"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: "Swift Boating the Swift Boaters" Reply with quote

Lots of tsunami waves still in motion in the blogosphere from the LA Times seismic event penned by "Our Miss Brooks". McQ at "QandO" gives her and the LA Times a good going over...lots of great links to past Kerry debunkings and check out the comments thread for a good read...

Quote:
Swift Boating the Swift Boaters (updated)
Posted by: McQ on Sunday, March 04, 2007

It has become an article of truth to many on the left that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth were a pack of liars. They believe that this group of former Vietnam Swift Boat vets were enticed by Republican operatives to sell themselves out to sink the presidential aspirations of John Kerry. And they further believe that the only reason it worked was because Kerry was slow to respond.

I hate to buck the left's conventional wisdom, but I don't buy that at all.

The QandO Blog - cont'd
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read and I like the fact that McQ points the finger at Kerry, but
"former Vietnam Swift Boat vets".
Former implies that we are dead already. We ARE Swift Boat vets, now and forever; and we ain't dead yet.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read, but not much new to add to the JFK story.

The SVPT know Kerry's a fraud, virtually all of the Vietnam veterans who can read and/or hear know Kerry's a fraud, and 35% of Massachusetts voters know Kerry's a fraud. I wonder if Theresa knows Kerry's a fraud?

Doug Reese posted a comment to McQ's blog. I wish he'd never been kicked off this forum. He represented honest dissent, IMHO.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
Doug Reese posted a comment to McQ's blog. I wish he'd never been kicked off this forum. He represented honest dissent, IMHO.

You can find all the Reese you can stand...and more...with little effort. Try alt.politics.kerry for a start. His "honest dissent" was hosted here until WELL after the election, IMHO much longer than was warranted. Find me a Kerry-sponsored forum that acted in kind.
McQ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: No to "former" Reply with quote

Quote:
Good read and I like the fact that McQ points the finger at Kerry, but
"former Vietnam Swift Boat vets".

Former implies that we are dead already. We ARE Swift Boat vets, now and forever; and we ain't dead yet.

OK, BuffaloJack, fair enough ... "former" is gone.

McQ
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fisk over there McQ...and thanks for picking up the Brooks gauntlet.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks McQ, your support of the SVPT is appreciated.
McQ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice fisk over there McQ...and thanks for picking up the Brooks gauntlet.

Thanks. As I linked in the post, I wrote extensively about all of this when it happened, and, frankly, studied and researched a majority of the SBVT claims independently. Additionally I have a military background and was able to sort through some things that, quite frankly, the MSM got completely wrong or didn't understand (for instance the mine which hit PCF 3 and the events surrounding it). Once I finished that, it was pretty clear which side had their ducks in a row.

That's not to say I agreed with everthing the SBVT said (since some was their opinion and, of course, few ever completely agree with opinion), but on the basic facts, the SBVT were much, much more credible than Kerry.

As demonstrated, Brooks is a George Soros ideologue. What irritates me is this growing dismissal on the left of the SBVT as a pack of liars who have been debunked. Its another rendition of the "big lie". It is pure propaganda. I've seen absolutely nothing which "debunks" the vast majority of their challenges to the Kerry narrative ... and neither have they.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, Thanks McQ!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McQ wrote:
What irritates me is this growing dismissal on the left of the SBVT as a pack of liars who have been debunked. Its another rendition of the "big lie". It is pure propaganda. I've seen absolutely nothing which "debunks" the vast majority of their challenges to the Kerry narrative ... and neither have they.

They have no other option. Kerry is their proxy-child, their 60's surrogate. NOTHING will be allowed to penetrate the ideological cocoon in which he is encased. Should he fall, the spectre of the domino effect looms mightily.

I expect this will last until the ideology dominating MSM thought undergoes a generational transformation, hopefully towards the center. I doubt I'll be around to witness it.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Munsell...

Quote:
Letter

Pointless attack
Alfred Munsell, Laconia

For the Monitor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 08. 2007 8:00AM

Re "Swift Boat vets will sink in 2008" ("Others Are Saying," Monitor, March 5): When you can't argue facts, instead direct personal attacks on your opponent. Right out of Clintonian Politics 101.

Not surprisingly, this is the shopworn strategy used by Rosa Brooks of the far-left CommonDreams.org in her pointless attack on Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, whom she refers to as "the right-wing goon squad."

How this is relevant to 2007 is beyond me, but I cannot let yet another drive-by character assassination by the loony left go unchallenged.

Let's review: Who has more credibility, John "Botched Joke" Kerry or dozens of retired naval officers, including admirals, former commanding officers and graduates of the U.S. Naval Academy (the "goons") who actually served with him? Who refused to release his official Navy medical records during the campaign? Who among planet moon-bat has shown how any statement made by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth regarding Kerry was untrue?

Typically, the absence of any shred of evidence didn't slow the liberals' sliming of the SBVFT for a heartbeat.

Brooks was right about one thing: Americans really aren't that dumb. We were smart enough to send the empty suit that is "Live-shot" Kerry to the dustbin of irrelevancy before he could again assault our sensibilities in another election cycle.

ALFRED MUNSELL
Laconia

Concord Monitor Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: