SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain Announces He'll Run for President

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: McCain Announces He'll Run for President Reply with quote

pass on the truth about this loser.

http://soft-vision.com/redneck/?q=node/12
hatecelebs
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: McCain's pandering Reply with quote

Here's more:
http://www.vdare.com/pb/senhor%20mccain.htm
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In fact, McCain’s pattern of pandering to Hispanic lobby on language is a real vulnerability in his campaign for the Presidency. He has consistently supported “bilingual education” and in a February 24 1998 speech to something called the “Hispanic Heritage Leadership Breakfast” actually explicitly endorsed its (usually unspoken) agenda:

“Spanish was spoken in Arizona when it was carved from the wilderness, and I am proud that it is spoken there today. People should not have to abandon the language of their birth to learn the language of their future. They should use and treasure both.” [italics added].

I was born in Italy; we migrated here legally in 1960. (Green card and all)
We all spoke perfect Italian, some of my older relatives still do in-house as their main way of communicating.
Should we petition Congress for a tri-language USA?
How about the Germans, Polish, Slovenians, Turks and so on?
We, my family, believed: When in Rome do as the Romans do!
But we weren’t in Rome any longer.
When in the USA, learn English or hire a translator if you're too stupid or unwilling to learn. Quit causing confusion for the rest of us.
By giving Spanish a precedent is discrimination to the rest of us legal European immigrants. And discriminating against English speaking Americans.
(Press one for English!) ???
To anyone unwilling to learn OUR culture and OUR language I would say:
"This is the USA, our language is English, you have a great many rights here, if you can't assimilate, won't learn our language then use your RIGHT to leave, either assimilate and blend in, or go home!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: