SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey, Y'all, The Swifties are back.......LA Times commentary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Hey, Y'all, The Swifties are back.......LA Times commentary Reply with quote

Quote:
The lunatic right returns
Bad news for Republicans: Leading conservatives are embracing former Swift Boaters.
March 2, 2007

IF YOU HATED IT the first time, you might like the sequel better.

Remember Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, the right-wing goon squad whose defamatory insinuations helped sink John Kerry's presidential campaign? They're back! This afternoon, key Swift boaters George "Bud" Day, Mary Jane McManus and Carlton Sherwood are holding a little reunion, in the guise of a panel discussion at the American Conservative Union's annual Conservative Political Action Conference. The panel topic? "The Left's Repeated Campaign Against the American Soldier."

It's not hard to visualize the right-wing talking points that will emerge from this. The Swift boaters will be dusting off their 2004 scripts and reaching back still further to dredge up their Vietnam-era notes. Expect to see all the old myths revived: The antiwar left spits on returning troops and gives aid and comfort to the enemy. Oh, John Murtha, why do you hate our brave troops?

The reemergence of the Swifties is depressing, but not because they're likely to do much damage to progressive candidates in the next election cycle. "Swift Boat II: The Sequel" will have a different ending from "Swift Boat I" because Americans just aren't that dumb.

The whole article is here
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-brooks2mar02,0,4254501.column?coll=la-home-commentary
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Swift Boat II: The Sequel" will have a different ending from "Swift Boat I" because Americans just aren't that dumb.

Oh. Really? Let me know when the Kerry nomination occurs.

What a nitwit.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Quote:
"Swift Boat II: The Sequel" will have a different ending from "Swift Boat I" because Americans just aren't that dumb.

Oh. Really? Let me know when the Kerry nomination occurs.

What a nitwit.

I don't think this particular word no longer fits him #1........S.F.B. ( **** For Brains) might work better..............*big grin*
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The writer, Rosa Brooks, must have been a really big Kerry supporter.

I can almost smell the sour grapes from here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: