SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imus Grills Schumer for Not Visiting Walter Reed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Imus Grills Schumer for Not Visiting Walter Reed Reply with quote

whatever your opinion of Imus, he delivered a smackdown of Schumer in this interview - go to link for the full interview-
just a couple snips here
news max print version

Quote:
March 9, 2007
Imus Grills Schumer for Not Visiting Walter Reed
Radio host Don Imus on Friday took an obviously flustered Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., to task for never bothering up to visit wounded soldiers at the military's Walter Reed Hospital.

While Schumer was quick to blast the Bush administration for failing to maintain facilities for wounded military personnel at Walter Reed, he was apparently surprised when Imus began questioning him about his own dealings with Walter Reed.

Imus was unrelenting Friday in his grilling of the startled New York Democrat during his MSNBC "Imus in the Morning" program. The talk show host also took Schumer to task for his vote to support the Iraq war resolution, a vote Schumer refused to call a mistake.

Quote:
Imus: Senator Schumer, you’re not suggesting to me that this is something that just happened under the Bush administration. This has been going on since Korea, since the second world war.

Imus: Let me interrupt you for a second, but this is nonsense, Senator Schumer. I want to be respectful, but you can’t possibly be serious and suggest — I mean I’m not a fool. You can’t suggest to me that because the Democrats are now in power that something is going to be done about Walter Reed and about the mess in the Veterans Administration and all of this, and that if the Democrats hadn’t taken control of Congress that nothing would have been done. That’s preposterous; of course it would have.

Imus: We elect you people to do this and none of you have been truthful with us, and none of you have done your job. In your case, you haven’t even been over there. I mean, Senator McCain apologized yesterday for not knowing about it. I, by the way, don’t exclude myself from all of this, because I’ve been to Walter Reed and I’ve raised tens of millions of dollars to build that new Center for the Intrepid down in San Antonio, and I didn’t ask any questions either, but I wasn’t elected by anybody.

waiting for this to turn up on u tube Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why I'm sure that place was in tip top shape prior to 2000 !

and Schumer - don't be hard on him... he was just elected in about 2000, right? Laughing so he's new on the scene....
let's blame Bush...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: