SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for some info about soldier who was killed in Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Looking for some info about soldier who was killed in Iraq Reply with quote

On Feb. 7th Lance Cpl. Matthew Pathenos was killed in Fallujah, Iraq. I knew this Man as a young boy, I was his bowling instructor. My son and daughter went to school with Matt and his older brother Chris who has also served in Iraq. Once he graduated from high school, I lost touch, and now I will never have the chance to tell him, I'm proud of you! He was always one of the smallest kids on the team, but he never let that get him down, he always kept trying to get the top score, get the patch for the next achievement. Many times I drove past his parents house and I saw the Flag waving, the Gold Star in their window, the Support Our Troops banner, and said a prayer for his older brother Chris, never knowing that Matt had followed in his footsteps. Strange how I can feel such loss and sorrow for someone I haven't seen in a couple of years. Now when I pass his parents house I will have to say extra prayers for them for their great loss, and maybe soon I will walk to the door and offer my prayers to them.
What I was really intending on asking about was how can I find out information on his troop? I would like to write them. Matt was with the 3rd Battalion, 24th Marines and was serving with its Detroit-based sister unit, the 1st Battalion, 24th Marines, when he was killed.
I just feel that I need to do more than just sit here, I want to let them know I care.
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not much but it was all I could find on the Net. Check this URL:
http://www.mfr.usmc.mil/4thmardiv/24thmar/
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another contact

DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Matthew P. Pathenos, 21, of Ballwin, Mo., died Feb. 7 while
conducting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq. Pathenos was assigned to Marine Forces Reserve's 3rd Battalion, 24th Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Bridgeton, Mo.

For further information in regard to this release the media can contact the
Marine Forces Reserve public affairs office at (504) 678-4177.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences to Lance Cpl. Matthew P. Pathenos' family and friends. Brought to mind, while reading, my favorite singer/songwriter in Florida has a new song out...you can hear it here:

http://www.myspace.com/staceyknights

The song deserves the talent. That singer also can out play Kenny G on the alto sax! That link should open the song and play it on your computer for a few weeks...when she adds a new one tho' you'll have to click on "Flag covered Box" to get it to play.

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: