SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nothing to do with anything here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Nothing to do with anything here Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with anything we discuss here. But I thought it interesting enough to pass around so that you guys might take a look at it.

On Hwy. 59 in E. Texas, about 15 mi. south of a town called Lufkin and just 1/2 mi. north of a small settlement named Legget on the east side of the highway is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen someone build.
It's a small, old shed/house with.....things.....sticking out of the windows. The first time I noticed it...it sits off the highway a little bit and there are woods on both sides so if you don't look quick you miss it entirely. Indeed, I had passed it many times and never noticed it. But the first time I did notice it, I was on a V.A. van ride that goes from Lufkin to the V.A. hospital in Houston. I just happened to be looking out the window when we passed it and saw it. Then it was about 2 weeks before I had another appt. at the hospital and got a chance to go back by it. This time I drove myself down there so I could stop and see what it was I had seen. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out just what I had seen in that fleeting glimpse as the V.A. van went by it.
Anyway, I got some pictures of it and posted them on a webpage. Ya'll check it out and see what you think.
Here

Dusty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT'S bizarre, but it appears to be the product of someone's vivid imagination. I zoomed in a bit on one of your photos and noted...

...a small section missing which appears to be exposing an inner frame of some type. Perhaps it's some type of paper mache with some wild painting covered by laquer or something to protect it from the elements.

VERY weird
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like flames of stained glass coming out of the windows.

Very odd piece of work, for sure! Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have exactly mistaken that stuff for 'flames'...

the dog is praying that 'mom' doesn't come in and catch him on the bed AGAIN! Laughing Laughing
I love that pic - I got it in an email also. soooo precious!

btw, you have a lovely piece of property there...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stevie.
It sits on 25 ac. and I built the house right in the middle of it. Just on the edge of a ridge overlooking a large valley.
It's the top of the highest hill in the county, the furtherest ridge in the distance is about 50 mi. away.
The porch goes all the way around the house. I didn't think I was ever going to finish putting down the flooring for it. I'm the only person I know who has more porch than house. 2200 sq.ft. of porch, 1800 sq.ft. in the house.
But that's what the little lady wanted so I started building. No plans, just built it and that's what it turned out looking like.

I like to think the dog is praying for a big, juicy hambone.

I thought everyone would get a kick out of seeing that weird looking house. It's so strange what some people take a notion to do. The first glimpse I got of it I thought something weird was growing out of it, I didn't equate the protuberences with flames either.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: