SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin of "No Man Left Behind"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Origin of "No Man Left Behind" Reply with quote

I've been meaning for some time to locate some documentation on Kerry's attempt to spin the Bay Hap incident (Rassman) into Kerry heroics.

A recent trip to Beldar Blog presented a link to a Beldar post on "Kerry's Lucky Hat" . Within that post was a link to a Powerline entry referencing a press release issued by the Kerry campaign on January 17, 2004 relating to the Kerry/Rassman reunion. Thank goodness for the "Wayback Machine"...

Quote:
Home > Press Room > Press Releases >

Kerry Reunites with Fellow Veteran in Iowa
Veteran says Kerry saved his life in combat; has not seen him since 1969
(January) 17, 2004

For Immediate Release
Des Moines, IA

Former Lieutenant John Kerry was reunited today with fellow Vietnam veteran Jim Rassmann, who says Kerry saved his life during combat.

On March 13, 1969, Rassmann, a Green Beret, was traveling down the Bay Hap river in a boat behind Kerry's when both were ambushed by exploding land mines and enemy fire coming from the shore. Kerry was hit in the arm, while a mine blew Rassmann's boat out of the water. With enemy fire coming from both sides of the river and swift boats evacuating from the area, Kerry's crew chose to turn their boat toward the ambush to save Rassmann. "We were still under fire, and he was wounded at the time", recalled Rassmann. And with his boat's gunners providing suppressing fire, Kerry extended his wounded arm into the water and the two lieutenants locked arms.

WaybackMachine - cont'd

Compare this blatant fairy tale and embellishment of fact to the scenario uncovered by the Washington Post. Historians are going to have a field day with Kerry's record once they've been released from the confines of ideological/political bondage.

BTW, I wonder how Marvin Kalb's vaunted Harvard-supported research into the Swiftvet campaign against Kerry is progressing? Haven't heard a peep from Mr. Kalb since his research project was announced. Perhaps Kerry's decision not to run has tabled the need for an SVPT "exposé"? Or perhaps Mr. Kalb's investigations led to some truth that he'd really prefer not to deal with?

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sure isn't how I remember it... it's been a few yrs and my memory isn't that great but Rassmon had a boat? It was hit? Kerry's boat hauled the hit boat in? Kerry went back to 'help' the injured boat?
He must have 'ran away' to save Rassman...who was on the boat behind him... until it was hit ...then it was in front of him...causing Kerry to ...

go in circles? Laughing Laughing Laughing

wasn't it #3 boat that was hit? (again...my memory isn't good and I haven't checked my notes).
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post. I've also been looking for a source. The fact that it's on Kerry's site adds credence to the fact that it was a Kerry supported fabrication, not just a MSM "mistake".
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parsing that press release, it is ASTOUNDING just how much BS might be crammed into one short paragraph.

I wonder just how long, what variants and to what degree that version was "polished" until SVPT pulled the rug out from under it. I'll keep an eye out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: