SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Gathering Of Eagles could use some contributions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: A Gathering Of Eagles could use some contributions Reply with quote

This was posted on the Charlie Daniel's Forum and I am passing the word. If you can't attend the rally then all of us can help these Vets by sending them a few dollars to help defray costs.

Quote:
Folks, we thought that “A Gathering of Eagles” would be a relatively modest undertaking, with maybe a small gathering with the sole purpose of defending The Wall against the depredations of the America-hating A.N.S.W.E.R. crowd. Our focus was simply to send a message and protect our Wall.

Well, there’s good news! We are now looking at THOUSANDS of Americans who will not only be guarding The Wall, but showing Jane Fonda and Cindy Sheehan that they will not control Washington, D.C. on March 17th.

The response to the announcement of our counter-protest has been nothing short of phenomenal. If you don’t believe us, just scroll through the website http://www.gatheringofeagles.org/ and look at “State Info” and “Volunteer Info” (under “Sections” on the right side of the homepage) and “Logistics” under “Article Topics,” which is just below “Sections.”

In just two short weeks, we’ve had over 106,000 visits to the website, with an outpouring of volunteers and help from all sides.

What you don’t see are the additional expenses that we’re incurring in making this thing happen. Just for starters, the National Park Service told us that we should plan on having one porta-potty for each 300 Eagles! While we think that’s a little excessive, it is clear that we will be spending several thousand dollars to furnish enough for our use. We also have to provide medical emergency services and insurance, which will cost thousands more.

And that isn’t all. Since so many Eagles are coming, we are forced to do a bit more than provide “milling-around space.” Now we are going to have a full-fledged rally, with platform, sound system for speakers, etc.. That will run several thousand dollars more.

We can tell you that we need around $25,000.00 to pull this one off properly. We can also tell you that folks are already sending unsolicited gifts, and we now have over $3,000.00 in the bank. That’s a great start, and we thank those who have already contributed.

The GOE co-chairs have loaned the Gathering $10,000.00. Please don’t make us “eat” that investment!

Should we have funds left over post-Gathering, we will donate them to charitable organizations, especially those that benefit vets returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Time is short, and our needs are significant but not insurmountable..... We’ve undertaken this event on faith, and we need all of you to help us. PLEASE send a contribution by PayPal or credit card (via the website) or by check payable to “Gathering of Eagles” and mailed to:

Vets for the Truth
Box 291
Chocowinity, NC 27817

PLEASE HELP! This may well be the most important pro-troop rally in our country’s history, and we humbly ask that you help us make it the biggest!

Many thanks. We hope to see you on March 17th!

Eagles Up!

Harry Riley and Larry Bailey

For more information on donations and funding needed, please feel free to contact co-chair Harry Riley at hmriley@cox.net
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donation sent. Can't do much and sure would like to be able to go but I'm proud it looks like there is going to be a good showout of vets.

Dusty
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Razz I gave a small amount today. Every little bit helps.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: A Gathering Of Eagles could use some contributions Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
This was posted on the Charlie Daniel's Forum and I am passing the word. If you can't attend the rally then all of us can help these Vets by sending them a few dollars to help defray costs.

Quote:
Folks, we thought that “A Gathering of Eagles” would be a relatively modest undertaking, with maybe a small gathering with the sole purpose of defending The Wall against the depredations of the America-hating A.N.S.W.E.R. crowd. Our focus was simply to send a message and protect our Wall.

Well, there’s good news! We are now looking at THOUSANDS of Americans who will not only be guarding The Wall, but showing Jane Fonda and Cindy Sheehan that they will not control Washington, D.C. on March 17th.

The response to the announcement of our counter-protest has been nothing short of phenomenal. If you don’t believe us, just scroll through the website http://www.gatheringofeagles.org/ and look at “State Info” and “Volunteer Info” (under “Sections” on the right side of the homepage) and “Logistics” under “Article Topics,” which is just below “Sections.”

In just two short weeks, we’ve had over 106,000 visits to the website, with an outpouring of volunteers and help from all sides.

What you don’t see are the additional expenses that we’re incurring in making this thing happen. Just for starters, the National Park Service told us that we should plan on having one porta-potty for each 300 Eagles! While we think that’s a little excessive, it is clear that we will be spending several thousand dollars to furnish enough for our use. We also have to provide medical emergency services and insurance, which will cost thousands more.

And that isn’t all. Since so many Eagles are coming, we are forced to do a bit more than provide “milling-around space.” Now we are going to have a full-fledged rally, with platform, sound system for speakers, etc.. That will run several thousand dollars more.

We can tell you that we need around $25,000.00 to pull this one off properly. We can also tell you that folks are already sending unsolicited gifts, and we now have over $3,000.00 in the bank. That’s a great start, and we thank those who have already contributed.

The GOE co-chairs have loaned the Gathering $10,000.00. Please don’t make us “eat” that investment!

Should we have funds left over post-Gathering, we will donate them to charitable organizations, especially those that benefit vets returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Time is short, and our needs are significant but not insurmountable..... We’ve undertaken this event on faith, and we need all of you to help us. PLEASE send a contribution by PayPal or credit card (via the website) or by check payable to “Gathering of Eagles” and mailed to:

Vets for the Truth
Box 291
Chocowinity, NC 27817

PLEASE HELP! This may well be the most important pro-troop rally in our country’s history, and we humbly ask that you help us make it the biggest!

Many thanks. We hope to see you on March 17th!

Eagles Up!

Harry Riley and Larry Bailey

For more information on donations and funding needed, please feel free to contact co-chair Harry Riley at hmriley@cox.net

This could be the most positive example of our support to the troops. I am going and we decided to do it when it was a supposedly a small event. Now this could be the biggest event against the left wing and everyone should make it a event to attend and that they should be there if possible and if not, try harder.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this email also. Came here to see if it was legit !

I can send a few dollars... wish I had big bucks and could travel - I'd be there in person!

glad you are going mtboone ! try to get some pics of the crowd - we probably won't see them on the news... lol! maybe on Fox tho...

thanks to all of those who can go in person!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie, it is definitely legit. Thank you for the help. if all of we who support A Gathering of Eagles would send just $5 that would add up tremendously. Razz
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
I got this email also. Came here to see if it was legit !

I can send a few dollars... wish I had big bucks and could travel - I'd be there in person!

glad you are going mtboone ! try to get some pics of the crowd - we probably won't see them on the news... lol! maybe on Fox tho...

thanks to all of those who can go in person!

I will take lots of pics but some one will have to help me post them. I do not know how.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be honored to help you. Razz When you get the photos just send whatever you want posted to ch200rh@hotmail.com
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:

I will take lots of pics but some one will have to help me post them. I do not know how.

I'd also be happy to help you post them.
I also have plans to be there and will be taking pics.
How would I recognise you if we happened to cross one another?
I'll be the old baldheaded, potbellied, geezer, wearing a navy blue ballcap with a CPO anchor and "BaldEagle" printed underneath.

Also, for what its worth, I know a member of the Patriot Guard Riders who lives in the DC area, and he advises me that there will be a contingent of them there.
This could turn out to be BIG
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll be the old baldheaded, potbellied, geezer,

Well that should narrow it down to about 20 or 30,000 old vets. I will be the fat old guy with a limp and a cane with a full head of hair. That should cover the rest.
JK - I am looking forward tomeeting many of you - I will be there.
Sailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you GOE. You make all Vets proud. I will be sending a donation.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been corresponding with a member of A Gathering of Eagles. This is what he sent last night:

Quote:
More good news today. GOE has filled 2 hotels with "Eagles" ans 3 more are close to being booked by supporters of our vets and troops. I think it is pretty amazing that a idea that started out as a single internet message ballooned into something so large. There are bus caravans coming in from all over the continental United States and they are flying in from Alaska, Hawaii, and the territories. Veterans are coming from Canada, Australia, and Great Britian. So all I have to say is a Thak you to everyone that is making this happen, keep the prayers coming and bless you all.

Sounds good! Very Happy
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:

Also, for what its worth, I know a member of the Patriot Guard Riders who lives in the DC area, and he advises me that there will be a contingent of them there.
This could turn out to be BIG

Rolling Thunder is also getting a contingent together.

http://www.rollingthunder1.com/
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also be happy to help you post them.
I also have plans to be there and will be taking pics.
How would I recognise you if we happened to cross one another?
I'll be the old baldheaded, potbellied, geezer, wearing a navy blue ballcap with a CPO anchor and "BaldEagle" printed underneath.

I will be wearing a shiny dark blue Swift Boat Jacket with a Eagle Patch on the back plus wearing a Swift Boat Association Hat. Be aroujnd the Three Soldiers Statue around 10 Am. Be proud to meet you and anyone else that comes. My heart is swelling up with pride to be part of this movement. Kinda makes up for the years after Vietnam when we did not talk to anyone about such things. God I am glad things changed.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Be proud to meet you and anyone else that comes. My heart is swelling up with pride to be part of this movement.

Looking forward to it, terry.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: