SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"-- in some cases --"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: "-- in some cases --" Reply with quote

Today's Globe carries a story by Rick Klein on Kerry's less-than-subtle bitterness over his loss in 2004 (relish it...savor it like a fine wine) evidenced by his opposition to Fox's ambassadorial confirmation. While mostly unnoteworthy, save for the re-surfacing of Kerry's BoB in the form of a letter to Sens Biden and Luger, it did contain one morsel that I'm surprised managed to slip through final editing...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
At a hearing last month, he pressed Fox on why he donated $50,000 to a group that was making exaggerated and -- in some cases -- unsubstantiated charges about Kerry's service record in Vietnam.

Boston Globe

There you have it...a Globe "qualifier" to the "unsubstantiated charges" that are tied to the Swiftvet revelations at the hip in the leftist lexicon.

If we take Mr. Klein at his written word, the Swiftvet charges have now morphed into either "exaggerated" charges (overstated or un-proven but substantial?) or, only "-- in some cases --", "unsubstantiated". What strikes me as even MORE interesting is the curious use of the "--" preceding and following "in some cases", a rather uncommon and unusual method of emphasizing a particular word or phrase. Mr. Klein obviously penned that phrase with some attention and care.

While it's arguable that ALL of the Swiftvet charges are "substantiated", Mr. Klein's rhetorical gymnastics in an attempt to walk the fine line between journalistic "truth" and Kerry obeisence are noteworthy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: