SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recess Appointment Sends Fox to Belgium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Recess Appointment Sends Fox to Belgium Reply with quote

GOTTA LOVE IT!!

Quote:
~snip~
Democrats had denounced Fox for his 2004 donation to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. The group's TV ads, which claimed that Sen. John Kerry exaggerated his military record in Vietnam, were viewed as a major factor in the Massachusetts Democrat losing the election.

Recognizing Fox did not have the votes to obtain Senate confirmation, Bush withdrew the nomination last month. On Wednesday, with Congress out of town for a spring break, the president used his power to make recess appointments to put Fox in the job without Senate confirmation.

This means Fox can remain ambassador until the end of the next session of Congress, effectively through the end of the Bush presidency.

Associated Press

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Democrats call Bush dumb.
He pulled this one over on them.
What does that make the Senate.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giggle
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Yessiree, it's a fine Navy day!
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Fox Reply with quote

What a great pick for ambassador,I love it.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how proud that makes me. That a mere donation to our cause gets you blacklisted with the Commiecrats.
While we were all bound together to block the tradedy for America that would have been a John Kerry presidency and not against their party, it seems that true to Communist form, the whole party has rushed lemming like to condemn us.
I'm starting to refer to the Commiecrats as a 'flock of parrots'.

Dusty
namvet70
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Revenge Reversed Reply with quote

I was going to post Sam Fox's nomination withdrawal last week, since the main perpetrator was Kerry's smearing of his donation to Swift Vets -- and call it "Kerry's Revenge".

Now it's in a nice packaged story -- "Revenge Reversed"

What really irritates me is the continual character assasination of SVets by the MSM using Kerry's propaganda statements instead of stating the facts -- which have been established and not reputed.

We need a one page letter for sending to our local (and national) editors to clarify what really happened in 2004. Contributions to Swift Vets does not make one ineligible for public appointments.

MikeR
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
And how proud that makes me. That a mere donation to our cause gets you blacklisted with the Commiecrats.
While we were all bound together to block the tradedy for America that would have been a John Kerry presidency and not against their party, it seems that true to Communist form, the whole party has rushed lemming like to condemn us.

Dusty

It should be remembered that the Commiecrats are either opportunists, or more commonly, malignant narcissists (see http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/07/malignant-narcissism-sociopathic.html ).

And John Kerry must be so angry he's going to burst a cerebral blood vessel about this...

-- FDL
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's reaction to the appointment:
Quote:
~SNIP~
The Bush administration withdrew Mr. Fox’s nomination for the ambassadorship on March 28, after it became clear that Democratic senators were lining up against him to settle a score. Mr. Kerry commented then that Mr. Fox “had every opportunity to disavow the politics of personal destruction and to embrace the truth” and had not done so. “The White House made the right decision to withdraw the nomination,” Mr. Kerry said. “I hope this signals a new day in political discourse.”

Mr. Kerry had a different reaction today. “It’s sad but not surprising that this White House would abuse the power of the presidency to reward a donor over the objections of the Senate,” he said in a statement.

New York Times

SO, Mr. Fox had every opportunity to.... "embrace the truth” and had not done so.

Duh, I think it is YOU Johnboy, who has not "embraced the truth"!!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Hinderaker at Powerline serves up a reminder (not seen often enough) that the SVPT revelations are anything but "discredited"... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
April 04, 2007
Well Done, W

It' s a small point, but I was disappointed when President Bush withdrew his nomination of Sam Fox as Ambassador to Belgium. Fox contributed significant sums to the Swift Boat Vets, and John Kerry and other Democrats attacked Fox during his confirmation hearing on that ground. Now, though, Bush has given Fox a recess appointment as Ambassador that will run more or less through the end of Bush's second term.

The identity of the Ambassador to Belgium is an issue of essentially zero importance. But I'm glad to see Bush standing by Fox, for two reasons. First, the Democrats in Congress are doing everything they can to destroy his administration, and he should fight them with all the powers at his command. Second, and more important, Bush and other Republicans should not do anything that appears to acquiesce in the left's slander of the SBVs.

That the Vets have been "discredited" is a commonplace not only on the left, but in the mainstream media. Yet it is hard to find any explanation of where this "discrediting" lies. Most of what the Vets said in their ads has never been disputed, let alone discredited. Their most effective ad showed pictures of John Kerry in his anti-Vietnam war days, and quoted Kerry's own speeches. The ad was important because most voters had no idea that Kerry had accused his fellow servicemen of being war criminals. The Vets also exposed the lie of Kerry's "Christmas in Cambodia," which Kerry now admits was false. Another ad showed officers who had ranked above Kerry in the chain of command, and who now consider him unfit to be commander in chief. How has that been discredited?

In fact, there was only one SBV ad the accuracy of which is even disputed, the first one that talked about the medals Kerry was awarded during his Vietnam service. Some of those facts are still uncertain, but the thrust of the ad, that Kerry's purported heroism in Vietnam was being grossly over-sold, was certainly true.

So: Bravo to President Bush for standing by Sam Fox and, implicitly, by the Swift Boat Vets.

To comment on this post, go here.

Powerline
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been here for quite a while (I even had to look up my exact User Name!) But, seeing the fuss about now Ambassador Fox, and Kwerry's kwomments, I just had to drop by...

Personally, I'm generally "not real big" on recess appointments, except in emergencies, whether they be by Clinton, Bush, or whomever. But, as a response to a heavy-handed attempt at political censorship, well, it looks like a great reaction to an emergency, to me!

Take care, all!
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a small point about this, he will be doing it for no pay.

They rules say Bush can appoint him but different rules say what the criteria are for paying him and he doesn't meet them. So hats off to Sam for taking the pay cut.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:

Dusty
Dusty,
I'll be adding that definition to my [long] list of Democrat[ick] Party definitions...first on my list (credit Freepers) is:
Quote:
...proves suffrage should be reserved only to male property owners...The Democrat core are those women who fail to see the importance of rearing honorable and brave men and women of high moral character.
(When you have to have a government promise, ERA, to secure what you had in spades, by virtue of virtue and your sex, you have failed to see the difference between God given rights, and the hopelessly weak and potentially easily lost or changed man made legalities that are or may be, not worth the time effort or paper on which they are printed.)
Without the 'core' the Dhimmie party would wither and die. [That said, please read the above carefully, no where do I diminish the VALUABLE ASSET inherent in our entire female population.]

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: