SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Target Boots Marines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Target Boots Marines Reply with quote

Quote:
http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=122500&ran=29340
Two Marines say Target store booted them for recruitingCHESAPEAKE - Two Marines in their dress uniforms - the ones with white hats, khaki shirts and blue trousers with red stripe - say they were accused of recruiting at a Target department store here and told to leave.

"We weren't recruiting," according to Cpl. Carlos Rodriguez, 22, who said he returned in October from his second combat tour in Iraq. "I just popped in to say hi to a guy I went to high school with. He works there."

But an assistant manager who saw Rodriguez and the other Marine apparently thought otherwise and showed them the door, according to both servicemen.
http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=122500&ran=29340

Well, it looks like I won't be shopping at Target anymore!
At least Walmart, K-Mart and a few others all support our people in uniform.

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target was started by the Dayton and Hudson families out of Chicago. These families are old money, aristocratic and of course communist.

I recently saw the new CEO of walmart is an executive from the Dayton Hudson Corporation, which leads me to think Walmart is cutting deals with the communists to get them off their back. Do not like that at all.

I know Sam would fight them to the death, but unfortunately, he is gone.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
of course communist.
Laughing

Is there a membership list?

I saw this link and story at another web site. The Assistant Manager was certainly a world-class jerk for doing what he did, but I don't think that means Target as a corporation is anti-military.

The story I read said the Marines, as they were in uniform, chose not to confront the manager over his misconception and boorish behavior. But a retired Navy Seal had no such restrictions, and read the manager the riot act in regards to his behavior. The Marines just smiled as the Seal was kicking ass and taking names.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, I believe it was also Targut that wouldn't allow THE SALVATION ARMY outside their front door at Christmas time! Commie/Pinkos, that's all.

Emailed their website but doubt if it makes any difference.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like calling people, corporations, and entities Commies and Pinkos. It's actually quite refreshing, but saying something doesn't make it the truth.

The bone-headed actions of a single assistant manager has been blown way out of proportion, and I'd like to refer to the statement made by the store manager, "We have a no-solicitation policy," Sherman said. "It has been in the news before. It's the same thing we went through with the Salvation Army and we give a lot of money to them. But we don't necessarily allow them to solicit on our property."

Sherman provided Target corporate statements that say since 2002, it has been "the victim of a misleading e-mail campaign, which grossly misrepresents our support of veterans and our soldiers."

"Target supports many charitable causes, including veterans' organizations," according to a statement. "For years we have donated funds and volunteer hours to local and national veteran and military organizations around the country."

Yep. They sound like a buncha Pinko Commies to me.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMCWayne wrote:
I also like calling people, corporations, and entities Commies and Pinkos. It's actually quite refreshing, but saying something doesn't make it the truth.

The bone-headed actions of a single assistant manager has been blown way out of proportion, and I'd like to refer to the statement made by the store manager, "We have a no-solicitation policy," Sherman said. "It has been in the news before. It's the same thing we went through with the Salvation Army and we give a lot of money to them. But we don't necessarily allow them to solicit on our property."

Sherman provided Target corporate statements that say since 2002, it has been "the victim of a misleading e-mail campaign, which grossly misrepresents our support of veterans and our soldiers."

"Target supports many charitable causes, including veterans' organizations," according to a statement. "For years we have donated funds and volunteer hours to local and national veteran and military organizations around the country."

Yep. They sound like a buncha Pinko Commies to me.

USMCWayne, Click this link - Target Foundation

Target is in bed with the communists. It was not a blanket statement and can be supported with documentation as discoverthenetwork.org in this link shows.

Found it interesting NAACP and Planned Parenthood are both listed as recieving money from Target. NAACP has been taken over at most levels by communists, yet the average black citizen has no clue the forces at play against them.

From an article on Margaret Sanger, the Founder of Planned Parenthood,

Quote:
On October 19, 1939, Sanger outlined a plan for stopping the growth
of the Black community. She predicted that "the most successful
educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We
do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro
population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that
idea if it ever occurs to any of their rebellious members."[8] Her
planning, which included being careful to make it appear that
hand-picked Blacks are in control, is followed with success even
today. Faye Wattleton's position as President of PPFA was testimony
to that fact.

USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I'm a bit thick at times, but am still not willing to jump on the "Target is a Commie Pinko organization" bandwagon.

The website cited above states the Target Foundation is ideologically a"radical left" organization and cites their grants to...

Quote:
National Council of La Raza; the Mexican American Legal Defense & Education Fund; the National Organization for Women Legal Defense & Education Fund; the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Legal Defense & Education Fund; the National Urban League; the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy; the Center for Asians and Pacific Islanders; YouthLink; the YWCA; the Kulture Klub Collaborative; StreetWorks; the Neighborhood Justice Center; Planned Parenthood; Chicanos Latinos Unidos En Servicio; and the National Leadership Coalition on AIDS.

...as well as the statement that...

Quote:
Target Foundation philanthropy is divided into two principal areas:

(a) Arts: “We support programs and cultural organizations that promote visibility and accessibility at a community level.”

(b) Social Services: The Foundation seeks to “provide support for programs that address the basic needs of individuals or families at risk by providing shelter, food and clothing.”

I don't want to make light of anyone's opinion as the whether groups that receive contributions from Target deserve to receive the contribution or not, but calling the Target Foundation a bunch of Commies still seems to be a bit of a stretch.
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about this story guys.....check this link

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

lots of this kind of stuff starts on the internet...

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lthrneck wrote:
I don't know about this story guys.....check this link

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

lots of this kind of stuff starts on the internet...

The story wasn't an internet email circulation it came from "The Virginian-Pilot" newspaper located in Hampton, VA.
But then media people will do anything for a story.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMC,

parse the story a little bit more:

Quote:
..."Target supports many charitable causes, including veterans' ...
Dunno 'bout you, but just about every time I'm called a 'charity case' the hair on the back of my head stands up, and ususally I'm looking at a commie!

just make sure if he's gonna spit you're downwind and one of his buddies is behind you!

Where's McCarthy when you need him!
Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: