SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supreme Court Approves Ban On Abortion Procedure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Supreme Court Approves Ban On Abortion Procedure Reply with quote

Thank God, finally an end to a truly horrific procedure.
God bless President Bush for giving us Justices Roberts and Alito.
A 5/4 decision. It never would have happened with O'Connor still on the court.
Quote:
Court Backs Ban on Abortion Procedure

Apr 18 10:18 AM US/Eastern
By MARK SHERMAN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court upheld the nationwide ban on a controversial abortion procedure Wednesday, handing abortion opponents the long- awaited victory they expected from a more conservative bench.
The 5-4 ruling said the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act that Congress passed and President Bush signed into law in 2003 does not violate a woman's constitutional right to an abortion.

The opponents of the act "have not demonstrated that the Act would be unconstitutional in a large fraction of relevant cases," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion.

The decision pitted the court's conservatives against its liberals, with President Bush's two appointees, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, siding with the majority.

Justices Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia also were in the majority.

It was the first time the court banned a specific procedure in a case over how—not whether—to perform an abortion.

Abortion rights groups have said the procedure sometimes is the safest for a woman. They also said that such a ruling could threaten most abortions after 12 weeks of pregnancy, although government lawyers and others who favor the ban said there are alternate, more widely used procedures that remain legal.

The outcome is likely to spur efforts at the state level to place more restrictions on abortions.

More than 1 million abortions are performed in the United States each year, according to recent statistics. Nearly 90 percent of those occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, and are not affected by Tuesday's ruling.

Six federal courts have said the law that was in focus Wednesday is an impermissible restriction on a woman's constitutional right to an abortion.

The law bans a method of ending a pregnancy, rather than limiting when an abortion can be performed.

Associated Press

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God - how anyone could hear a description of this procedure and not understand that it is a real, live BABY being murdered is beyond me.

Often even a viable baby - a baby capable of living on it's own, were it only able to scoot down the birth canal before the abortionist has a chance to stick that canula into his little head and suck out his brain.

A few inches somehow creates a distinction between a "child" worthy of our protection and an inconvenient "blob of tissue."

Never has made any sense to me - not even a couple of years ago when I was still pro-abortion - and it never will.

It won't stop the million babies from dying every year in this country - but it will stop the most barbaric of our pro-"choice" practices.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond me how this procedure was ever allowed in the USA. Maybe Nazi Germany.

Imagine the pain those little folks had to endure.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
It is waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond me how this procedure was ever allowed in the USA. Maybe Nazi Germany.

Imagine the pain those little folks had to endure.

It does bring to mind something 'Dr.' Joseph Mengele would be involved in as opposed to American 'Doctors'.

There is a special place in Hell for doctors who perform abortions. I have always wondered what type of woman marries a man or vice versa who performs this procedure.

In the bible when Lucifer goes to Hell, 33 percent of the Angels in Heaven follow him. I view it as a parable, which relates to people here on earth. Pretty clear to the people who wrote the bible that there is around one third of the population at any given time who are truly evil. The very fact that there are people available in a country such as ours to commit this act, proves true what the bible warns us of.

Can someone give me a link to where this is in the bible? I forgot. Thanks
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only pray that this may be the beginning og the end for the baby killing.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly think that President Bush's lasting legacy will be his appointments to The Supreme Court. This is a great example. His apointees voted to stop partial birth abortions. Congress does not control many of our moral issues. The Supreme Court does. Haveing a Conservative Supreme court is vital to preserving the moral integrity of this country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: