SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illegal Aliens - 1 Resident Aliens - 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Illegal Aliens - 1 Resident Aliens - 0 Reply with quote

First, let me apologize for adding to the Amnesty Bill 'noise', but this $2.5 trillion dollar boondoggle by the senate is gonna hit all our wallets, let alone lifestyle!

Perhaps rightfully, it seems McCain (on his own website) has become the lightning rod for the issue (he is the AZ senator after all, and should have known better). A Navy ex -supporter says it best:
Quote:
Posted at 11:34AM on 5/18/07 by CharleyWhiskey
John, I’m afraid you misread your checklist. This quote I picked up today on another blog accurately summarizes why your latest deal with the senator from Chappaquddick has now put you out of the running for President: “ I’m a Canadian here in the US on an E2 Investor visa - I get to stay for 5 years based on my investment in a new business that employs Americans. If I’m lucky I can get a 2-year extension on that visa but otherwise I have to leave. Neither my wife nor my children are allowed to work or even have social security numbers, and we are by definition ‘resident aliens’ although somehow we manage to live with the shame of that label. My best option to get a green card is to invest 100 times more than the fine an illegal would have to pay to get a z visa and a path to permanent residency. Why am I not eligible for this citizenship giveaway? I’m well-educated, English-speaking, no burden on society, I bought a home and car here, and pay more than my fair share of taxes. Congress has sent me and others in my position a clear message: I’m one of the suckers who played by the rules, and I’m paying the price. Thanks for shining some light on this horrible bill, a watershed moment that will mark the end of America as we know it. I come from a country that has embraced bilingualism and multiculturalism, both slow-motion forms of cultural suicide.” That’s it John, from another ex-Naval Aviator in the class just after yours.

more from McCain's website (posted here as copied to the Freeper site, cause they'll be gone from the McCain site by tomorrow!) at
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1836680/posts

Deuce
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...McCain is getting an earful in the comments...I'm surprised they haven't been deleted en masse as of yet.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: We can be heard if we organize Reply with quote

Look I see everywhere everyone is contacting their representatives.. auto delete unless you are laraza or mexico.gov

Can we please do this at the least spread the word

We can be seen and heard louder and more prevelant!!

EVERYONE, everywhere, till they get the message loud and clear do the following and tell friends and neighbors, post, write, email, news, websites newspapers, blogs, everywhere to do the following. Hmmm funds for news ads, billboards??

Do the following

Buy a Border patrol Cap and WEAR it

Headlights on everyday

Porchlights on everyday

Fly Old Glory everyday

on Memorial Day honk flash porch lights and headlights at noon

If you cannot attend a march or rally you can show your support everyday.

Get posting get you rlights on,

Can we AMERICANS FLY AT HALF MAST??

OneAmericanmom,
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Contact Senatrors, and House Reps to vote "NO" Reply with quote

Here is what I sent to my elected officials in Congress

What part of “Illegal Alien” don’t you understand.

Vote “NO” on the amnesty program for illegals.
I know millions are here. Get rid of them! Deport them, close the borders, put a fence up across Mexico. Do what the people want for once. Congress has an opportunity to make the right choice, not the political one. The only thing that could escalate and exacerbate the current problem is to repeat the failed policies of the past by granting legal status and citizenship opportunities to illegal immigrants. When amnesty was granted to millions of illegal immigrants in 1986, it was done so with the promise of securing the border and enforcing the law. Twenty-one years later, that promise has been broken and the problem has multiplied.

Vote “NO”
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMcKay,
You're spot on, and Michelle Malkin has pointed out on her site that in addition to the 1986 Amnesty, there were also 5 Clinton Amnesty Laws passed...in 1994, 1997, 1998, and a pair in 2000! all with promises not met.
and
azTrish,
I like your style, keep on message!

But both of you, mebbe there's another way....and believe me I would NOT be sharing this if I hadn't just done my own missive to my favorite Code Pink Senator! A brilliant suggestion posed elsewhere on the internet has merit. A key provision of the Amnesty Bill is that in order to qualify an illegal alien only has to pay 3 of his last 5 years taxes, and a $2000 fine. I don't know about you , but if I could get back a couple years taxes, I think I 'd be willing to stand in line and sign up to become an illegal alien myself, warts and all! So, here is the 'original' DRAFT letter to your senator provided by the original author. I modified mine to fit my specific situation, and left off the author's real name to protect the innocent...so read carefully and fire away your own version to your favorite Code Pink Senator...mebbe they'll see the light. Or perhaps a few Senators have already signed up to become illegal aliens, who knows!
Quote:

The Honorable Paul S. Sarbanes
Senate Office Building
309 Hart
Washington DC, 20510

Dear Senator Sarbanes,

As a native Marylander and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill's provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year. Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as "in-state" tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you for your assistance.

Your Loyal Constituent,

Now like myself you'll have to use real name and info, so if your Senator has absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever (McCain, for example), you may want to take a raincheck on this idea... otherwise, let's give our Senators an opportunity to do some research. And of course, kudos to the original author who we all hope will not be hit by IRS audits for this brainstorm.

Deuce
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can they not inforce the laws that are on the books now?

The present laws inforced totatoley would solve a great many of

problems we are now having.

Please don't anyone say we cannot deport 10 to20 million people

from this country, they know where every on of them are.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noyesj wrote:
Why can they not inforce the laws that are on the books now?

The present laws inforced totatoley would solve a great many of

problems we are now having.

Please don't anyone say we cannot deport 10 to20 million people

from this country, they know where every on of them are.

I can't even imagine the required logistics for an undertaking of that magnitude.
However, like you said, enforce the current laws, especially the penalties on those who employ them, and soon after the jobs disappeared, the exodus would begin, without the taxpayer having to buy a single ticket.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: