SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farewell TonkinGulfYatchClub

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Farewell TonkinGulfYatchClub Reply with quote

This notice was posted on FreeRepublic last night.
Quote:
The FReeper Canteen Crew sadly announces the passing of Mr. Tonkin. (68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub).

If you would like to leave a message for his family, please direct them to amom.

Also, we ask that you send prayers to amom, his son Matthew, family, and friends.

We love you, Mr. Tonkin. Say 'hello' to Texas Cowboy for all of us.

You're missed and will never be forgotten.

We hope to make this an online memorial book for his family.

Details will be provided later regarding funeral services.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1849275/posts
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair Winds ...and Following Seas

in Brian's own words.....

Quote:

I VOW to the 58,000 + Brothers and Sisters on The Viet Nam Wall who never came home and to those who died at home from injuries and from broken hearts. I will do everything I LEGALLY can to expose Hanoi Kerry once and for all. I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail. I solemnly vow to do all I can to restore your honor until I give my last breath on earth.

68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

his personal page at FReeRepublic
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last year or so has been a hellish time for him, so I'm glad that he's no longer suffering.

He worked very hard during the last Presidential election. Here's a page he set up:
http://stophanoikerry.150m.com/

Fair winds and following seas, shipmate - may the good Lord grant that we all meet on the other side!
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear of his passing. He will be missed.

I must admit that I do not remember and/or do not know what caused his passing.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farewell Brian! My sincerest condolences to his family & all of you here @ Swiftvets! I first heard of y'all in 2004. I am so very proud to know & associate with such a fantastic group of men & women it's un-believable.

Y'all have put the vet's heart in me. I am very proud & will always brag I now know the best people that exist on the face of this planet!

Swiftvets & POW's.....Love all y'all.........Is there somewhere to send flowers or donations?

Sincerely;

streetsweeper95B

garryowen!!
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
Is there somewhere to send flowers or donations?

Update from the FReeper Memorial thread
Quote:
Update --> From his family (amom, Matt, and the rest of the family)

Fair Winds and Following Seas Service:

Where: Willamette National Cemetery
When: 2PM, Monday July 2nd
Address: Willamette National Cemetery
11800 SE Mt. Scott Blvd
Portland, Oregon 97266
503-273-5250

Monetary donations can be sent to:
The BJM Memorial Fund
2829 N Glenoaks Blvd #106-124
Burbank, California 91504

Cards and letters can also be accepted at the above address. If you would really like to help, please send a monetary donation. There have been a lot of costs incurred already and unfortunately, there is probably more to come. The family (amom and Matt) will be the only ones that can access the Memorial Fund.

If you would like to send flowers, the following instructions are from the Willamette National Cemetery. In other words, we need to follow them!

Flowers must be at the site at least 15 minutes before 2PM. This is apart of Willamette's policy regarding flowers! Please let the Florists know that it must be there by 1:45 PM on July 2nd.

As for anyone that would like to attend the memorial, the family will only be permitted 30 minutes at the Cemetery. If you would like to come and say goodbye, the information is listed above. If all else fails, Mapquest and Yahoo Maps are your friends! Smile

Also, his FReeper handle 6869TonkinGulfYachtClub will be on his head marker. It will be spelled correctly rather than *Yatch* as most people wouldn't understand. Also, we do not want to offend any Vietnam Veterans that also served in the Tonkin Gulf.

The reason for the late date is due to having to arrange the Honor Guard to be at his memorial.
Thank you all for your patience regarding this matter. We appreciate the family updating us through this process.

and thePatriot Guard
Quote:

Subject: Brian Marotta, Veteran Vietnam/ USCG, Portland, OR. 02 July 07

We have received a request from the family of Vietnam and Coast Guard Auxillary veteran Brian Marotta to be involved in his funeral. Mr. Marotta passed away at the Portland VA hospital and is to be interred at Willamette National Cemetery.

The service will be 02 July 07 at 1400 (2 pm)
Staging time and location: TBA
Ride Captain: TBA

As a note of interest, although Mr. Marotta was not a member of PGR, he knew quite a few members nationwide. It seems there are plans to have a virtual mission for him at the same time as the real mission is taking place

My condolences to his family and friends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: