SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawsuit against San Diego School District-Muslim Prayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Lawsuit against San Diego School District-Muslim Prayer Reply with quote

My email to the Thomas More Law Center!!

When our courts ruled that the Government could not fund Catholic schools several decades ago, Catholics had to established private Parochial schools. Today however, Muslims seem to be provided "charter schools" funded by the Government for their Religious purposes. When one of those “charter schools” recently failed here in San Diego, those Muslim students were transferred into Carver Elementary and the faculty at Carver leads them in Muslim prayer.

"After subbing at Carver, the teacher claimed that religious indoctrination was taking place and said that a school aide had led Muslim students in prayer." Muslim prayers in school debated

Meanwhile, my sister has to struggle every month to pay tuition so that her daughter can practice and learn her religion at a Parochial school. I would like the Thomas More Law Center to file a lawsuit on behalf of my sister.

If Muslims are allowed to pray in a public school paid for and sanctioned by San Diego Unified School District, then San Diego Unified School District should also have to pay for the cost of the tuition for my niece. In addition, my sister should get reimbursed for past tuition starting from the date this Muslim prayer policy began.

Please let me know if the Thomas More Law Center will represent my sister in this case.

SBD

Thomas More Law Center responds!!

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry. This is a matter that we are currently
looking into. I will forward your e-mail to the attorney investigating
this problem.

SBD
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undoubtedly a case is already being made by the ACLU Rolling Eyes

BTW, Bill Donohue at the "Catholic League" might be another asset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: