SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cal Thomas...off the reservation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Cal Thomas...off the reservation? Reply with quote

Cal Thomas, WHAT have you been sipping on? In his commentary today, he offers the following...

Cal Thomas wrote:
My liberal friends love America as much as I do. They might disagree on some, or all, of my political and religious beliefs, but that does not make them less in love with America, much less un-American.

Mr. Thomas, I daresay a preponderance of your "liberal friends" are working diligently to render moot the following...

Quote:
That we are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights...

Is THAT "American" to you Mr. Thomas?

Cal Thomas wrote:
Many political and religious liberals have family members who have served or are serving their country in war and in peace. These have spilled their blood and given their lives to guarantee our freedom to disagree and to still live together.

Why is it that you're so inclined to laud the "patriotism" of liberals with "family members" who have answered our country's call? Is it, perhaps, because "liberals" are as scarce as hen's teeth among those who have volunteered to take up arms in the defense of this country and who, in large degree, dabble in sedition in their opposition to the very activities of their "family members"? Is that "American" to you Mr. Thomas?

Cal Thomas wrote:
On the drive from Indianapolis, one passes towns that could fill a Norman Rockwell album. My favorite is named Freedom because, though the town has only a single flashing caution light, it displays many flags. If I don't slow down, I will miss both.

I live in a town that is a bastion of liberalism in New Jersey. On my block of 19 homes, as of yet, the Stars and Stripes are flying in front of ONE home...mine. Drive slowly down MY block Mr. Thomas, or you might miss it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: