SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftphobia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Swiftphobia Reply with quote

An LA Times' look at Mitt Romney's campaign funding, notable here only for it's opening and closing paragraphs.

It seems Mr. Morain is, as are most lefty scribes, suffering from terminal Swiftphobia. Good. Wink

Quote:
Romney leads Republican funding race
The former Massachusetts governor's diverse business, political and religious relationships put him ahead in the money contest if not in polls.
By Dan Morain, Times Staff Writer
Los Angeles Times
June 17, 2007

LEHI, UTAH — A Democratic developer is raising money for Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney. The Texas financier behind Swift Boat Veterans for Truth also is backing him. So are saints and sinners — prominent Mormons and an imprisoned tax evader.

<snip 3 pages>

Romney is competing with other Republicans for President Bush's bundlers, and he has won over several. Among them is Bob Perry who, along with his associates, has donated $112,000 to Romney. The Houston developer was the principal financial backer of the Swift Boat ad campaign against Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) during the 2004 presidential race.

dan.morain@latimes.com

LA Times

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really gets me about the left's worry about who donated to or financed the Swifties, is why they don't seem to care who finances Air America, Moveon.org and other far left venues or candidates.

As I've said several times, for once, a true grassroots effort stood up, mattered and defeated their 'golden boy' candidate and they sure don't like what they profess to support.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's also interesting Lew, and I've seen it often professed by diehards of the left, is an unwillingness to acknowledge that the Swiftees campaign had any impact AT ALL on Kerry's campaign, yet they can't bring themselves to reflect upon 2004 without mentioning the Swiftvet name.

The Swiftees hurt them...and hurt them bad. If they acknowledge that reality, then it begs the question of "why?", a subject they'd rather not explore.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That swiftboating, swiftboated and so forth have become part of the leftist vernacular should be evidence enough of the SwiftVets success.

The Left loves to have it both ways, yet in this instance the results are in and running for POTUS while a group of your peers objects is not the way to get elected.

A discussion which never took place on O'Reilley or any of the other networks was the very nature of being an officer. Duty, honor and so forth. I know why the Swiftvets chose not to bring it up was tactical in that they did not want to come across as elitist, yet it is sad that noone else brought it up.

Instead all we heard was how all of these officers were liars and so forth. Pathetic.I would trust a mid level officer of the Navy long before any politician.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed BOR about that on numerous occasions! which he ignored...

he's a Kerry guy for sure!

I'll 'assume' no one has YET brought to light one of the Swifies findings that
they could prove wrong?
I figure if they did it'd be all over the news -24/7 !

I 've asked several times on my 'liberal women's' board - no takers
as of yet... I've been waiting over a year !

and there are some well educated (? ) die hard liberals on it! Laughing Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie,

You forget how Ted Kopple took his crew to 'Nam and proved both the Swifties and the Kerry/Brinkley book had it wrong. Kerry was a bigger hero than anyone expected.....as told by illiterate peasants.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: