SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Democrats have reached pinnacle of hypocrisy"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: "Democrats have reached pinnacle of hypocrisy" Reply with quote

Ken Harris of the Shreveport Times echoes a theme often voiced in this forum by Lew...

Quote:
Ken Harris: Democrats have reached pinnacle of hypocrisy
The Times (Shreveport)
September 14, 2007

By unmercifully attacking Lt. Gen. David Petraeus, Democrats have reached the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Petraeus is America's top military commander in Iraq. He was confirmed to that position by a unanimous vote of 81-0 in the Senate back in January of this year. On Monday and Tuesday, he testified in hearings before a Joint Session of the House Armed Services and Foreign Affairs Committees about the progress being made in Iraq. The Democrats' behavior around Petraeus' testimony reeks with hypocrisy.

Go back to the 2004 presidential race. A big factor in it was the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth disputing John Kerry's military record. Democrats were incensed that anyone would question their candidate's honor and honesty concerning his military record. Their position was that he served his country and how dare anyone treat him with anything but honor and respect. This was a hypocritical position to take given that they were questioning the honesty and sincerity of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. After all, the Swift Boater veterans served in Vietnam right alongside Kerry. So, why didn't Democrats give the Swift Boat veterans the same level of honor and respect they expected Kerry to receive? Democrats, including Kerry, questioned George Bush's military service. They demanded Bush release all of his military records and he did. The honorable Kerry has never released all of his. Are there any clearer examples of hypocrisy than these?

The Times - cont'd
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: "Democrats have reached pinnacle of hypocrisy" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Ken Harris of the Shreveport Times echoes a theme often voiced in this forum by Lew...

Quote:
Ken Harris: Democrats have reached pinnacle of hypocrisy
The Times (Shreveport)
September 14, 2007

By unmercifully attacking Lt. Gen. David Petraeus, Democrats have reached the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Petraeus is America's top military commander in Iraq. He was confirmed to that position by a unanimous vote of 81-0 in the Senate back in January of this year. On Monday and Tuesday, he testified in hearings before a Joint Session of the House Armed Services and Foreign Affairs Committees about the progress being made in Iraq. The Democrats' behavior around Petraeus' testimony reeks with hypocrisy.

Go back to the 2004 presidential race. A big factor in it was the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth disputing John Kerry's military record. Democrats were incensed that anyone would question their candidate's honor and honesty concerning his military record. Their position was that he served his country and how dare anyone treat him with anything but honor and respect. This was a hypocritical position to take given that they were questioning the honesty and sincerity of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. After all, the Swift Boater veterans served in Vietnam right alongside Kerry. So, why didn't Democrats give the Swift Boat veterans the same level of honor and respect they expected Kerry to receive? Democrats, including Kerry, questioned George Bush's military service. They demanded Bush release all of his military records and he did. The honorable Kerry has never released all of his. Are there any clearer examples of hypocrisy than these?

The Times - cont'd

The democrats have set themselves up to be slapped very very hard.

Now if only conservatives would leverage that major achilles' heel.

As far as "hypocrisy" goes, they are fully aware of what they do. Make no mistake about it. It's not hypocrisy, it's deceit.

They take you, me, and the rest of the American public for fools. In the past, they could get away with it. Perhaps Kerry being forced to recant his "Christmas in Cambodia" fabrication was the initial crack in the armor of leftist deceit.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that people are finally waking up?

I sure hope so and if they are, they stay awake this time.

For too long the blame America first leftists have been eroding our liberties and dragging America down into the mud.

As the headline on Drudge said this evening covering Guiliani's counter attack on Hillary, "It's On!"
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, that article is GOOD! It's both elegant and eloquent because the message is so obvious and so simple. But it won't make any difference at all - few will read it, and few will care; truth is no longer a valued commodity.

I'm sorry if I'm unusually pessimistic these days, but what I see going on is profoundly disturbing to me. Democrats (and their enablers) have truly mastered the art of propoganda within the context of our current culture.

Traditionally, political accountability was administered on two levels and time frames: 1) every two or four or six years at election time by the electorate, and 2) day-to-day and week-to-week by the press (or the media).

The media as we all know is abjectly failing to fullfill the accountability role for the Democrats; they have almost unanimously shifted into a full-time propoganda machine for the left.

The electorate? We've developed a culture where survival - for the individual and the group - is no longer anywhere near the top of priorities; in fact, it's near the bottom. Instead, we have a culture that is obsessed with entertainment value to fill in our leisure time. The drama, conflict, and "survival" depicted in movies, sports, video games, talk shows, rock concerts, etc., etc., is now more important to most people than what is going on in the real world. And movies only last two hours, sports at most about 3-4 hours, and talk show segments and video games only minutes.

Democrats seem to understand all that, and with their media allies, are exploiting our totally superficial culture for all it is worth. Accountability, truth, etc., just don't matter any more in this culture (at best, only "zingers" or "gotchas" for "our side" seem to matter, i.e., most people appear to see political and ideological conflict as a game). Republicans, and particularly so-called Conservatives, sadly, don't seem to have a clue about this new reality. And, as I see it, this situation is not going to change unless, and until, some disaster shocks us back into thinking that individual and group survival is more important than entertainment and/or gamesmanship.

Wish I had a more optimistic view of "things" right now... Am I wrong? I'd like to be convinced I am.

Last edited by Anker-Klanker on Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker, while we all know the media today has beome liberal and is little more than a propaganda outlet for the left, an alternate media is thriving across the land.

Sites such as this, FreeRepublic and hundreds of thousands of bloggers are spreading the truth a little at a time.

The outrage shown over the anti-Petraeus ad, forcing even sKerry to state it was "over the top" shows me that we are reaching people and hopefully, waking them up.

I cannot fault your skepticism, but rest assured, we won't sit idly by this time and allow them to get away with their anti-American antics.

Think of it this way, there is a definte reason that even the normally cooked polls show support for the war on the rise, while the newly elected leadership of Congress drops.

I encourage all that have something to say to register at any of the multitude of blogger sites (several are free) and state your mind. People are watching and reading. Don't let the propaganda machines of the left convince you that we haven't made a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: