SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill: "Phony Soldiers and Phony Senators"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: John O'Neill: "Phony Soldiers and Phony Senators" Reply with quote

Phony Soldiers and Phony Senators
by John E. O'Neill
10/04/2007

Recently, at least 41 Democratic Senators, joined by a howling mob including George Soros’ Media Matters, sought to silence Rush Limbaugh because of his reference to “phony” anti war soldiers. Limbaugh’s comments, taken in context, referred to Jesse Macbeth, a confessed and convicted phony, whose faked but graphic war crimes confessions received far wider media notice than his later confession. He had been discharged in boot camp after 40 days of service.

Macbeth follows a grand tradition of fake soldiers whose “war crimes” confessions have been used by the Left to slander the service of our troops. For example, Micah Ian Wright, author of the 2003 anti war best seller "You Back the Attack," was an Army Ranger and Combat veteran feted at USC’s Annenberg School and in media like the Washington Post until he was finally “outed” as a complete fake. Many similar examples of phony “soldiers” used by the Left for war crimes confessions are documented in B.G. Burkett’s bestseller Stolen Valor. Indeed, the problem was so endemic that a Republican Congress in 2005, at the urging of many veterans, passed “The Stolen Valor Act” finally criminalizing activities such as those of Macbeth.

There is no one more injured by phony war crimes charges lodged by phony veterans than veterans themselves whose service is dishonored by the slander. I know. In 1971, in addition to listening to John Kerry from our unit falsely compare our forces in Viet Nam to “the Army of Jhengiz Khan,” I heard Al Hubbard, the president of Kerry’s VVAW, appearing with Kerry in forums such as Meet the Press and Congress confess to war crimes such as bombing innocent villages. Hubbard was an Air Force pilot, who appeared on national television wearing the Distinguished Flying Cross and many other medals while confessing our guilt in Viet Nam. Except he was none of these things, having left the Air Force as a Sergeant, never serving in Viet Nam at all.

Military personnel all over the world thank God for Rush Limbaugh’s stout defense of our military from these fakes. In 1971, there was no one to defend us from the John Kerrys and the Al Hubbards. Indeed, it is the U.S. Senate that is a Potemkin Village. It is a body whose failure to condemn Hubbard’s and Kerry’s 1971 libels is deafening. It is also a place on whose floor active duty soldiers have been compared to the assassins of the Khmer Rouge (Senator Deck Durbin); people who terrorize women and children (Senator Kerry); and (in close proximity) cold blooded murderers (Rep. John Murtha). Hypocrisy and cowardice are terms too kind for those who demean our soldiers without regard to the consequences to them. This conduct when coupled with the effort to silence Limbaugh a stout defender of the troops, can be best described with two words: What phonies.

------------------------------------------
Mr. O'Neill is a Houston attorney who clerked for Chief Justice William Rehnquist during the Supreme Court's October 1974 term. He co-authored the New York Times No. 1 bestseller, "Unfit for Command" in 2004.
------------------------------------------

Human Events

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hypocritical left exposes themselves as the real phonies here. Look at the continued slander and denigration of the SVPT since the 2004 elections, as well as their attempt at making the term "Swiftboating" to mean unfair lies about someone.

Like in our day, the only Vets or Military they actually do support are the small handful that turns to their anti-American agenda.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was very ticked off when I was listening to Rush this week about the "phony solider". Being a Rush listener I just had to call both Senator Reid's office along with Senator Harkins. Senator Harkins office toldme that they were being swamped with phone calls. Senator Reid's office must also have been since I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes and when I tried to leave a voice message the mail box was full. Must mean this is the most attention he has gotten on any of their comments since they still have not backed down or apologized.

Think I will call again on Monday!
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you brought up Sen. Harkin (D-whocares), who John left out of his 'top 10 list' of phony CongressCritters. Harkin joined the Stolen Valor Club when he claimed to be a Vietnam Veteran.....in reality he was just a Vietnam Era Veteran, stationed in Japan....ie, no 'Vietnam Service Medal', no Bronze Stars, No Combat, No Nothing. (not that there's anything wrong with being a Vietnam Era Veteran, as long as that's who you say you are!)

Another current Phony is the Mayor of Atlantic City, who, while he is a Vietnam Veteran, claimed additional medals....Combat Infantry Badge, with 2 Bronze Stars, to be specific in order to jack up his VA Benefits some $25,000. Clearly, way down on the list, since he was a soldier! He's no phony soldier, but a phony nonetheless, seems to go with the territory (Left in NJ). You can read all about it at FreeRep.

For some reason, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork, now that it's a Crime. Given the preponderance of Lefties, I'll play a little Kondrak The Magnificent here and predict a rapid repeal of that law in the next Democratic Administration, where, given a Dem White House, a Dem Congress and a Liberal Justice, us Vets won't stand a chance!

I'll apologize in advance for that last bit of creeping cynicism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: