SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry demands an apology from Rush Limbaugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: John Kerry demands an apology from Rush Limbaugh Reply with quote

John Kerry is damanding an apology from Rush for a comment on "Phony Soldiers". Seems a former ranger who never served in Iraq and war drummed out of the military after 4 months claim he took part in atrocities in Iraq. Seems like Kerry is still trying to sell us on his "Winter Soldier" claims in Detroit.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee John, I am truly sorry that you are a traitorous pile of slime.
I'm also sorry that you are too stupid to know any better.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Emphasis mine) Jesse Adam Macbeth (b. Jesse Adam Al-Zaid, in 1984) falsely claimed to be an Army Ranger and veteran of the Iraq War. He lied in alternative media interviews that he and his unit routinely committed war crimes in Iraq. Macbeth began to attract significant attention after the release of a video containing his allegations; transcripts of the video were made in English and Arabic. According to the U.S. Army, there is no record of Macbeth being a Ranger, or serving in a combat unit: he was discharged from the service after having been declared unfit or unsuitable for the Army, or both, before he could complete basic training.

After his release from the Army in 2004, Macbeth purported himself to be a veteran, telling war stories and garnering attention from mainstream, alternative and student media outlets. He joined Iraq Veterans Against the War in January of 2006, and represented, or was scheduled to represent them publicly at various events throughout the country; the organization has since said it does not endorse Macbeth or his accounts of military service. Accounts in Macbeth's name appear on Military.com and Myspace.com, and both were used to post claims about military service in Iraq. On September 21, 2007 Macbeth admitted in federal court that he had faked his war record. U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Sullivan declared that Macbeth had been in the Army for just 40 days and had been kicked out as unfit.

Source

Yep, even Winter Soldier didn't manage to dig up one as phony as this twerp. And now, Rush is being shredded not only by the MSM but by congressmen and senators on their respective floors.

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will jump at the flimsiest excuse they can muster to bring Rush down. It isn't going to work, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe johnny boy can call him outside!!!
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, they can throw their medals over the fence together, then show up wearing them at the next event that is serves their purpose.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yea, they can throw their medals over the fence together, then show up wearing them at the next event that is serves their purpose.

Iraq vet plans to return his medals in protest

"Josh Gaines, 27, plans to mail the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal and National Defense Service Medalto former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. He said he will do so during a protest scheduled for Wednesday in Madison."
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaching a new low, whether you think it possible or not, Harry Reid has concocted a letter to Limbaugh's syndicator, blowing up the MacBeth thing into something it clearly was not, and urging all senators to sign it.

Quote:
Senate leader demands apology of Rush Limbaugh

"On Friday, many Democrats joined me in drafting a letter to the Chief Executive Officer of Clear Channel, Mark Mays that we will send out this week. Here is what we wrote:

Quote:
"Dear Mr. Mays,

'At the time we sign this letter, 3,801 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq, and another 27,936 have been wounded. 160,000 others awoke this morning on foreign sand, far from home, to face the danger and uncertainty of another day at war.

'Although Americans of goodwill debate the merits of this war, we can all agree that those who serve with such great courage deserve our deepest respect and gratitude. That is why Rush Limbaugh’s recent characterization of troops who oppose the war as “phony soldiers” is such an outrage.

'Our troops are fighting and dying to bring to others the freedoms that many take for granted. It is unconscionable that Mr. Limbaugh would criticize them for exercising the fundamentally American right to free speech. Mr. Limbaugh has made outrageous remarks before, but this affront to our soldiers is beyond the pale.

'The military, like any community within the United States, includes members both for and against the war. Senior generals, such as General John Batiste and Paul Eaton, have come out against the war while others have publicly supported it. A December 2006 poll conducted by the Military Times found just 35 percent of service members approved of President Bush’s handling of the war in Iraq, compared to 42 percent who disapproved. From this figure alone, it is clear that Mr. Limbaugh’s insult is directed at thousands of American service members.

‘Active and retired members of our armed forces have a unique perspective on the war and offer a valuable contribution to our national debate. In August, seven soldiers wrote an op-ed expressing their concern with the current strategy in Iraq. Tragically, since then, two of those seven soldiers have made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq.

‘Thousands of active troops and veterans were subjected to Mr. Limbaugh’s unpatriotic and indefensible comments on your broadcast. We trust you will agree that not a single one of our sons, daughters, neighbors and friends serving overseas is a “phony soldier.” We call on you to publicly repudiate these comments that call into question their service and sacrifice and to ask Mr. Limbaugh to apologize for his comments.

“Just as patriotism is the exclusive realm of neither party, taking a stand against those who spew hate and impugn the integrity of our troops is a job that belongs to all of us,'' Reid said. "I can’t help but wonder how my Republican colleagues would have reacted if the tables were turned – if a well-known Democratic radio personality had used the same insulting line of attack against troops who support the war.

“The letter I read will be available on the Senate floor for the entire day. My colleagues on both sides of the aisle will have every chance to add their names to it, and I encourage all of us to do so. If we take the Republican side at their word that last week’s vote on another controversial statement related to the war was truly about patriotism, not politics, then I have no doubt that they will stand with us against Limbaugh’s comments with equal fervor.

“I am confident we will see Republicans join with us in overwhelming numbers. Anything less would be a double standard that has no place in the United States Senate. I ask my colleagues, Democrat and Republican alike, to join together against this irresponsible, hateful, and unpatriotic attack by calling upon Rush Limbaugh to give our troops the apology they deserve.”

Does not this man have any shame? Silly question.

Schadow
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left have no shame. It was Hoffer who said shame keeps boys entering adolescence from raping their mothers. This attack by Harkin on Rush is no different than a child attacking his mother. They are both monsters and should be condemned by society.

In another day, Rush would be able to defend his honor by dueling Harkin. We should wish for a return to this more civilized era, where an adult raised without shame such as Harkin would pause before making such a shameless attack.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever my kids acted this way, it was time to take off my belt.

Reid blasted off at Rush today too.

"He never served in uniform," Reid said. "He never saw in person the extreme difficulty of maintaining peace in a foreign country engaged in civil war. Yet he thinks that his opinion on the war is worth more than those who are on the frontlines."

"This war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week." Harry Reid, April 2007http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/4/19/153335.shtml?s=ic

CNN Reporter: He also said that General Petraeus is going to come to the Hill and make it clear to you that there is progress going on in Iraq, that the so-called surge is working. Will you believe him when he says that?

REID: No, I don't believe him, because it's not happening. All you have to do is look at the facts. Harry Reid, April 2007. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0704/23/sitroom.02.html

"Reid said he told [General] Pace face-to-face recently that he had performed poorly as an adviser on the conduct of the Iraq war." June 2007 http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282632,00.html

"The invasion of (Iran) is only going to destabilize that part of the world more." June 2007 http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1120228220070611?feedType=RSS&rpc=22

"Before the [Petreaus] report arrives in Congress, it will pass through the White House spin machine, where facts are often ignored or twisted, and intelligence is cherry-picked." September 2007 http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/09/harry_reid_gen_petraeus_and_co.html

I cannot find a single instance of Harry Reid ever serving in the Military, much less combat. Given that, how can "he think that his opinion on the war is worth more than those who are on the frontlines," or who have been before?

Just another hypocritical call from the Moveon.org left. Evil or Very Mad
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Tom Harkin, looks like another Winter Soldier in the Senate. Below is an image of a page from "Stolen Valor : How the Vietnam Generation Was Robbed of Its Heroes and Its History" by B.G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley.

Source for image.

And this from Wikipedia (emphasis mine):

Quote:
While running for his Senate seat in 1984, and again while running for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1992, Harkin has faced criticism for claiming that he had flown combat missions over North Vietnam. In a 1979 round table discussion with other Congressional Veterans, Harkin said of his service as a Navy pilot: “One year was in Vietnam. I was flying F-4s and F-8s on combat air patrols and photo-reconnaissance support missions”. These comments were later published in a 1981 book by David Broder. After subsequent inquiries by Barry Goldwater and The Wall Street Journal, Harkin clarified that that he had been stationed in Japan and sometimes flew recently repaired aircraft on test missions over Vietnam. His service flying F-4s and F-8s was later, while he was stationed in Cuba. References to this controversy were deleted from Wikipedia by staffers from Harkin's senate office.

Interesting that Harkin and George Bush both flew during the Vietnam era. One lied about it and one didn't. Has all honor evaporated from people like Harkin and Reid, assuming they ever had any?

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was published friday that Patty "Osama Mama" Murray, Democrat from Washington State, who voted against the condemnation of Moveon.org, was co-sponsoring the letter of condemnation against Rush.

Reading that I shot off the following to her for prompt ignoring;

Quote:
Letter To Senator Patty Murray (D. Wa.)

Ms. Murray, as a two tour Viet Nam Veteran, I am sorely disappointed to read in the Hill that you will be co-signing a letter of condemnation against radio host, Rush Limbaugh, for the false charge of him slandering our Troops. If you had listened to or read transcripts of his radio program the morning in question, it was very clear that he was talking of the false claims of the false veteran, Jesse MacBeth, who I'm sure you realize admitted his falsehoods and has been tried and convicted for his falsehoods.

What makes this so disappointing is that I have not found one instance of you condemning the Moveon.org slanderous ad from the New York Times calling a brave patriotic American General like General Petraeus as "General Betray-Us."

I have never seen you condemn Representative Jack Murtha for his false claims of Marines murdering innocent civilians in cold blood in Iraq.

I have never seen you condemn Senator John Kerry for his false testimony alleging war crimes committed by the vast majority of Viet Nam Veterans and labeling us as "monsters trained to deal in violence" in that same 1971 testimony.

I have not heard you condemn Senator Barack Obama for alleging our Troops in Afghanistan air raid villages and kill civilians.

I have not heard you condemning Senator Hillary Clinton for her audacious claim of accepting General Petraeus's Report would "require a willing suspension of disbelief."

Those of us who have gone to war know from where and from who we receive support and political grandstanding against a radio host while giving a pass to actual condemnation of the Troops by members of the Democrat Party in Congress isn't supporting the Troops, it is hypocritical.

Frankly, I expect better from a United States Senator from Washington State.

Lew Waters
Sent to Senator Murray September 28, 2007

streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A six-pack of Disana Water says Patty ain't gonna respond Lew!
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be seen as dripping with vitriol:

Quote:
“I am confident we will see ABSOLUTELY NO TRUE Republicans, but perhaps some RINOs join with us in UNDERwhelming numbers. Anything less would be a double standard that has no place in the United States Senate. I ask my colleagues, Democrat and RepublicanS IN NAME ONLY alike, to join together against this irresponsible, hateful, and unpatriotic attack by calling upon Rush Limbaugh to give our troops the apology they deserve....and likewise expect ALL TRUE REPUBLICANS to censure the entire Senate and House of Reprehensibles for their pandering to such contributions from George Soros...signed Dingy Harry (D-George Soros' Lackey in charge)”

there fixed it. (Moderators, I'll understand if you don't keep this one, but I really did want to see it in print)
Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: