SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bella is a Beautifully Crafted Film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Bella is a Beautifully Crafted Film Reply with quote

Bella is able to maintain a comfortable tension till the end where we are treated to a purging of pity and fear and its spiritual awakening. The use of catharsis in filmmaking was at one time common, yet with the lowering standards of art in the 20th century, by such notable grifters as Picasso, Warhol and Kinkaide, the art world got lazy and rarely employed this great yet difficult to master tool. Few movies achieve the level of artistry and Bella does qualify. It is a beautifully and laboriously crafted film. From the use of food as an allegory to life, health and family to the dark forbidding bathroom scenes illustrating modern single woman’s loneliness and depths of despair when faced with a particular difficulty. The film tackles with truth, honor and courage a subject rarely discussed and with a resolve lacking in most movies today. Guys and dolls take a significant other and refresh. Mothers and fathers take the boys and girls and hopefully they will further plate their virtue set. Bella is a rare and refreshing viewing delight.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet, but I intend to.
I was intrigued by this review at
Newsbusters a couple days ago.
We rarely go to movies anymore but the comments following the article and your
recommendation provides incentive.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Haven't seen it yet, but I intend to.
I was intrigued by this review at
Newsbusters a couple days ago.
We rarely go to movies anymore but the comments following the article and your
recommendation provides incentive.

The main actor wanted out of the entertainment industry in 2003 to become a priest, yet eventually decided he would stay in the movie business to make films which show a good message. Click here for more.

Shawa, many of the critics refer to this man's acting as Jesus like, yet he really comes across as stoic, a very nice attribute in my opinion. Noone ever said John Wayne was Jesus like. The remarks of leftists are so filled with hate of Christianity, they cannot contain themselves.

Besides is it bad to be Jesus like?

I think you will really enjoy the film if you are able to make a showing.

Rush Review
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: