SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Evil? Barry Kerry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Dr. Evil? Barry Kerry? Reply with quote

As we have come to expect and appreciate, Taranto never misses an opportunity to skewer His Fraudulency...

Quote:
Life Imitates the Movies

• Dr. Evil: "Oh hell, let's just do what we always do. Hijack some nuclear weapons and hold the world hostage. Yeah? Good! Gentlemen, it has come to my attention that a breakaway Russian Republic called Kreplachistan will be transferring a nuclear warhead to the United Nations in a few days. Here's the plan. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for . . . ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"--dialogue from "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery," 1997

• "Sen. John Kerry, whose 2004 presidential campaign was torpedoed by critics of his Vietnam War record, said Friday he has personally accepted Texas oilman T. Boone Pickens' offer of $1 million to anyone who can disprove even a single charge of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth."--Associated Press, Nov. 16, 2007

...and to Taranto, ANYTHING related to lying evokes an instant metaphor (or is that simile?) Laughing ...

Quote:
Wannabe Pundits
Baseball great Barry Bonds* was indicted last week for perjury and obstruction of justice. He stands accused of lying to a grand jury about his use of anabolic steroids. Bill Littlefield, host of National Public Radio's "Only a Game," sees this, naturally, as an opportunity to take a swipe at the Bush administration. On "Weekend Edition," he read an "original poem" about the indictment, which included these lines:
    A man can't drop the hammer
    On anybody's fastball
    If he's locked up in the slammer.
    Now, that may all be premature--
    He's only been indicted--
    And even under Bush, the rule
    Of law must not be slighted
Of course, if "even under Bush, the rule of law must not be slighted," what exactly is the complaint about Bush? Meanwhile, the Associated Press reports that Bonds's own lawyer is trying to break into the pundit biz:
    Defense attorney Mike Rains said he spoke briefly with Bonds but did not describe his reaction. At an evening news conference, he read a statement accusing federal prosecutors of "unethical misconduct" and declined to take questions.

"Every American should worry about a Justice Department that doesn't know if waterboarding is torture and can't tell the difference between prosecution on the one hand and persecution on the other," Rains said.
Is Rains likening his own client to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed? That does not seem the most effective strategy.

* "They gave me a cap. I have the cap to this day. I have the cap."

Best of the Web Today
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: