SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jack Bauer's Creator Speaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Jack Bauer's Creator Speaks Reply with quote

Don't know how many of you are hooked on "24" but I love that show!

From The American Spectator, a refreshing interview with the show's executive producer Joel Surnow:
Quote:
Jack Bauer's Creator Speaks
By Philip Klein
Published 11/13/2007 12:08:25 AM

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -- Conservatives who lament the ideological bias in Hollywood need to stop acting like liberals.

That's the advice Joel Surnow, the executive producer of the hit television series 24, gave to hundreds of conservative students on Saturday at the Young America's Foundation West Coast Leadership conference.

"Our job is not to whine, that's their job," Surnow said. "Our job is to succeed despite the adversity."

~SNIP~

"But in a world where there's so much noise about what we've done wrong, why we're such bad people, there's so little support for just the real common sense idea, which is: they're bad, we're good, we're going to get them. Jack Bauer represents that. I think the fact that he's as popular as he is is encouraging."

~SNIP~

In the upcoming season, there will be a woman president played by Cherry Jones.

"If she's a really good character, she may help Hillary," Surnow joked. "So we may have to turn her into a bad character."

Surnow said he would probably be supporting Rudy Giuliani, and he asks, "Are we nuts thinking Hillary Clinton could be president of this country?"

.....Cont'd

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you shawa, 24 is on my must-watch list

LOL at Surnow's Hillary remark-- will have to watch for this new character. In the link, he discusses the controversy over the torture debate re Bauer's 'tactics'

remember this from one of the Republican primarydebates
Quote:
Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado said: "You say that nuclear devices have gone off in the United States, more are planned, and we're wondering about whether waterboarding would be a bad thing to do? I'm looking for Jack Bauer at that time! ... We are the last best hope of Western Civilization. When we go under, Western Civilization goes under."

The remark, which drew a large round of applause from the audience .......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: