SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Inside Story Of The SwiftBoaters Finally Told
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined this forum in August 2004 and well remember sitting here (in Australia) all night over several nights, watching the attack on GWB's service record ripped to shreds, word by word. It was almost like being a (remote) part of history. And what a joy it was.

Since then I have had two computers "die" on me, and so I thought I'd lost all of my "Favourites" links since that time. I'd certainly lost my entire email address book.

Someone told me recently that my links might very well be "somewhere" on my computer and today, for no apparent reason (I thought), I went looking for them - and found them. The Swiftvets' link still worked and so did my user name and password.

I didn't realise until this evening that I must have been prompted to find my old links because I'd received my WinterSoldier newsletter which linked Chapter 13 of Unfit for Command.

I've not been able to find Unfit for Command here in Aus, and I doubt I'll find To Put the Record Straight either, so I'm relying on comments here to "read" them by osmosis.

So good to see this site again.
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! September, 04.
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this has got to be a dumb question but, where did "Seaman Apprentice" come from?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SandiM wrote:
I know this has got to be a dumb question but, where did "Seaman Apprentice" come from?

Hey there Seaman Apprentice,
It came from here http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23940.
Jack
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Sandi...and my condolences on the results of your recent election.

SandiM wrote:
It was almost like being a (remote) part of history.

Not almost Sandi...you (and hundreds of thousands just like you) assisted immeasurably in wielding the pen (and the $word) that wrote the now historical outcome of this event. The wound is still too fresh for academia's historians to even contemplate approaching (Marvin Kalb, where ARE you?), but written it WILL be...and neither John Kerry nor the MSM as we know it will survive its telling.

Scott Swett and Tim Ziegler, if nothing else, have begun that process.

SandiM wrote:
And what a joy it was.

Surely it was...and, as I often find in the pages of this archive, what an enormous lesson in empowerment of the individual citizen against an entrenched ideology and power of the MSM to shape history. That record is right here...in these forum archives...and they are as mesmerizing to read today as they were in the frenetic days of campaign 2004.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powsmias,

Wow, great find, great to see a 'sequel' to Unfit for Command finally come out....just sent in my order. And thanks for the link to democracy project, what a great site! Turns out Kessler was over there when I was, so more's the reason to buy from that site as well. Speaking of buying:
Quote:
I hope that To Set The Record Straight sells as well. You can get your copy direct from the authors at their website. www.ToSetTheRecordStraight.com. (It won’t be up at Amazon for a few months, so the authors don’t have to prematurely split their needed earnings from two-years’ work.)
I'm guessing that Scott Swett knows and will perhaps set up a buy link from here or his site to Amazon. That way Swiftvets or Scott ( or both) will get kickbacks on every book bought at Amazon thru those links....oh, and you should know that as well...as a blogger. (One reason the 'new media' is working is that it's working for all of US). Finally, today is Declaration of a State of war with Japan day, the day after the day that would live in infamy...so, a last link in that memory....
http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/tmirhdee.html
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, SandiM, I hope you didn't hit that "View posts since last visit" link Laughing

Keep posting and you'll be a Leftenant in no time.

Welcome back.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my copy today and although only into it a few pages, I can see this is going to become a very important book in exposing not only Kerry, but the media and the long standing antics they use to further their leftist agenda.

Sandi, You should be able to order this book through the website listed.

As for Unfit for Command, check online auction sites. I saw some people selling theirs not too long ago. Their loss could be your gain. Laughing Wink
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, 1991932
Looks like I've been stuck on 92 posts since 2004.

Me#1 You #10
I dread where this new PM (Plastic Man) Rudd will take us. Embarassed

Lew Waters
My problem is I don't use credit cards (swore off them and cut them up years ago), so buying online isn't an option. Laughing
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how this post-counter thingy works, but now all my posts on this page are counted as 93.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I received my copy today and although only into it a few pages,

Got mine today and have only had time to do some quick skimming - very good from what I've seen so far. If I recall, the P/R indicated there is new evidence presented - am anxious to see that.

Was neat to note some mentioned ( by real and/or screen names) that were also forum members here

Ahem -- Me#1 is mentioned a couple or so times Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[blush][/blush]
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Chief and yours truly, too!! I can't wait to get it away from hubbie!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Wife,

I wanna hear there's a reference to the Chief and Texas Tech before I buy. Yeah, I'm cheap. Being Squidly I'd squander my funds on ****s.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he tells about the analysis that Navy Chief did on the Bay Hap River incident and also about his going to Lubbock, TX with Tom Wyld to go through the Vietnam Archives. VERY interesting!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: