SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory Lane - "Talk Show Transcripts"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Memory Lane - "Talk Show Transcripts" Reply with quote

While browsing "Real Clear Politics" recently, I noticed a link to "Talk Show Transcripts" (not available on the home page that I could find) and thought I'd see what it had to offer. That led to what I'd describe as a treasure trove of transcripts documenting the development and ramifications of the SVPT campaign...a real historian's delight.

Here's an example from CNN's "Capital Gang" of Sept 4, 2004...

Quote:
CNN CAPITAL GANG

Winners and Losers At The Republican National Conventions; President Bush Shores Up Base With Conservative Acceptance Speech; Ohio Still Strongly Contested State

Aired September 5, 2004 - 23:00 ET

<snip>

O'BEIRNE: If that performance at midnight on Thursday night (Kerry's "response" to President Bush's GOP convention nomination acceptance speech) is an example of the product of this campaign that's been shaken up, that is a very bad sign for John Kerry.

HUNT: It wasn't a shake-up, though.

O'BEIRNE: Well, then they badly need one, although their fundamental problem is their candidate, of course. He looked desperate. He wouldn't even give the president one night to himself, unrebutted, unfiltered? He looks whiny. He's trying to tell us all what a war hero he is, and he looks whiny and wimpy. The only person who said that he didn't have a sufficient commitment to defend America, based on his voting record, was a former Marine, Zell Miller. Those who actually do say he's unfit to be commander in chief are 250 fellow decorated Vietnam vets. But as long as he is so whiny, complaining about what people are saying about him, he's talking about the past.

He thought he could carry himself to the White House based on a tiny little band of brothers. His problem is a brigade of brothers who served with him have now come on the scene, and he won't confront the fundamental case they're making.

HUNT: Because they've lied, and every time -- every time anyone has looked at what they have said, whether it's "The Chicago Tribune," "The Los Angeles Times," "The New York Times," they have proven that every single one of his medals is demonstrated...

(CROSSTALK)

HUNT: As John McCain said, what these people have done is smear the records and the medals and the ribbons of everybody over there, not just one -- that's Senator John McCain.

NOVAK: Just because you say that in a loud voice doesn't mean it's true.

CNN

Check it out sometime and have a memorable stroll into American history. The archives go back as far as May, 2004 (a rather significant month I might add) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: