SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Million dollars goes unclaimed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Million dollars goes unclaimed! Reply with quote

"Other Tom" in a comment at Just One Minute:
http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/
has asked a most interesting question re Mr. Pickens' challenge on the SBVT claims:

Quote:
I continue to wonder: inasmuch as Boone Pickens's offer of a million bucks was made to "anyone"--not just John Kerry--who could prove any SwiftVet allegation false, why have none of the journalists who routinely describe those allegations as "discredited" come forward to claim the prize? Do they simply not like money?

To which I'll add, the challenge is not out there just for Kerry, and just for journalists: "anyone" means "anyone," to include all on the left who claim that the SwiftVet allegations are false. Heck, even as a Swiftee supporter since the get-go, I'd be sorely tempted to accept the challenge if I thought for one minute that I could be successful.

Might be useful to keep this in mind the next time you run into someone on the left still spouting the nonsense...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I generally fall asleep listening to WABC radio, I awakened early this AM to an Imus interview in progress with an unidentified pundit who I believed to be Mike Barnicle (by his voice alone). Imus was discussing the recent Pickens' "challenge" and pointed out to the Kerry-fawning Barnicle that he (Imus) thought that Pickens was refering to the "ads".

I assume Imus had Barnicle on as a lead-in to a Kerry guest appearance scheduled for later in the hour. Sleep, however, triumphed and I missed the Kerry interview and the remainder of the Barnicle interview.

Point-of-story...looks like Kerry may not yet be done trying to manipulate the Pickens' challenge to his own ends. I'd be interested to see if anyone finds a transcript or recording of the Barnicle and/or Kerry interviews.

edit: Oops...I note that Tom Maguire had commented on Kerry's appearance as well...thanks Anker...and let me side with TM that Pickens appears to be losing the PR war thus far though I don't think he's argued his side effectively enough. It's one thing to make an off-the-cuff challenge and quite another to lay out the specifics of that challenge when it's been taken up. Earlier I suggested that the "consideration" element of a contractual obligation had not nearly been satisfied, but this kerfuffle is in the court of public opinion.

Hopefully Mr. Pickens will fare better than he has thus far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: