SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN Attacks the Swiftboat Veterans and POWs for Truth again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: CNN Attacks the Swiftboat Veterans and POWs for Truth again. Reply with quote

After the Clinton News Network debate they re running a special on campaign attacks. They spent the first part of the report attacking the Swiftees falling short of using the words liars. Their claim was that John Kerrys military records show that they falsely attacked Kerry.

Seems to me they should be held liable for their actions. If they have not seen the military records how can they legally attack with a claim of accuracy.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it as well OCS. It was a hatchet job of the first degree, trading in the same liberal head-in-the-sand meme that we've now come to expect. In fact, it's apparently no longer even necessary to solicit an opposing viewpoint inre the SVPT REVELATIONS...and none was heard.

Pathetic.

All I can find thus far is the following teaser...

Quote:
Broken Government: Campaign Killers: Right after the Republican CNN/YouTube Debate -- CNN's Campbell Brown goes inside the intriguing and ruthless world of political attack Ads. We say we hate them ... so why do they work so well?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet, none of them ever ask sKerry to open his full and complete military jacket to the public, not only 3 friendly reporters.

The Swifties very effectively threw a wrench in the left's monkeyworks of calling the shots and manipulating the public in 2004. They will now resort to whatever tactic they feel is needed to restore their ability to mislead.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the past 4 years (1 before the 2004 election and 3 after) the media, the lefties and everyone else still doesn't have a clue. The SVPT was never about politics, it was about preventing a lying traitor, who was a swiftie, from becoming president. We'd have been just as dedicated to the cause no matter what political party he'd been in. This was all about handling our own problems.
If sKerry had just put in his time in Viet Nam and not decided to be an enemy collaborator, we'd probably be addressing him as Mr. President and waiting for the DVD release of the PCF movie that would follow in the tradition of PT109.
As it is, it's 3 years past the election and sKerry still hasn't opened his military records to all of the public to see (and he probably never will.)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like "Citizen's United" wasn't particularly impressed by "Campaign Killers" either...

Quote:
Friday, Nov 30
Hillyer & Citizens United Threaten Legal Action Against CNN

From an email sent from Hillyer to CNN Senior Producer Melissa Dunst Lipman, obtained by FishbowlDC:

Dear Ms. Lipman:

I write to register strenuous objections to your highly unprofessional hit piece last night (Broken Government -- "Campaign Killers," hosted by Campbell Brown ) against David Bossie and Citizens United, and to demand an on-air retraction of part of it, along with corrections made in any future showings. In particular, if a retraction of the defamatory words "fringe militia" is not offered publicly by CNN, and soon, I will advise Mr. Bossie to consider legal action.

<snip>

With disgust,

Quin Hillyer
    Director of Strategic Communications
    Citizens United
fishbowlDC - cont'd
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, SVPT should seriously consider a similar strongly worded request for retraction....

CNN continued to spread the lie that "Swiftvet claims were proved false..." during the hit piece segment about SVPT....their words not mine.

Of course, as Citizens United showed, the hit piece was full of lies and misrepresentations, along with some pot calling kettle black whining about 'faking' something or other! Their fake 'everyday americans' in the last 2 debates have become legendary! Pretty sure they can't sink much lower and still reach our screens!
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed my mind, I'm no longer of the opinion that SVPT need dignify the CNN idiocies with a response....their 'CNN Heroes' day, watched by both of their fans, and the new Scott Swett book has pretty much relegated CNN to the dustbin of history.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now we see Elisabeth Edwards using our name in vain.
Quote:

From an ABC News article called "Elizabeth Edwards: 'Republicans Scare Me'"
She went on to warn about the larger party, saying, "Karl Rove may not be working in the White House anymore but you can pretty much be sure he’s going back in the presidential race... I believe he’s going to be back and he’s going be doing that same kind of Rovian politics that we’ve seen before — the kind of attacks that we saw against Sen. McCain in South Carolina we can expect to see against our nominee, 'swift boating,' all of that kind of stuff again."
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/12/elizabeth-edw-1.html

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Mrs. Edwards cry sounded familiar,

Elizabeth Edwards Says She’s Scared of Rabid Republican Gun Toting Neighbor

Good thing isn't also afraid of Democrats Wink Rolling Eyes
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swifties done well.................

John Kerry will forever be just a footnote in American history...........

The MSM (including CNN) knows they no longer, and never more will have, a lock on the disemination of, and control of what is, news.

And the Democrats will be looking over their shoulders for decades fearing the sudden and dreaded appearence of ....... "The Swiftboaters" (They don't know what we know, that the Swifties were and are a one issue group.)

Thank the Lord for the Swifties!

PS. I just finished the book...........WOW.......I say again;
Thang the Good Lord for the Swifties. (and all who played even a small part in the events of 2004.)
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: