SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Article By O'Reilly
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Article By O'Reilly Reply with quote

http://billoreilly.com/currentarticle
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, before I go read it, tell me - do I need Advil, first?

Or a good slug of something?

Or should I be mindful of my blood pressure and just stay away? I've written O'Reilly through his premium link every day for a week now and if he ticks me off again, I'm going to end up getting my email address dev/nulled on the other end. Wink
hankholmes
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He basically thinks that it's all going to backfire on the SwiftVets.
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this article O'Reilly is basically chastising the Swiftvets and saying the public should consider Kerry a hero no questions asked because Rassman does. Oh really, o'reilly? OK, gee, we'll all do just what you want. Not. He was never interested in this story, doesn't want to know the truth, and wants to make it go away, hence this column in which he gives his final verdict. So I guess we should all just fold up the tent and go home - the Grand Poohbah has spoken! Are there any investigative reporters of integrity who are taking the charges against Kerry seriously? O'Reilly and Chris Matthews have both now been exposed as jerks who really don't want to know the truth and will viciously turn on you if you try to make them see it. They are done in my book.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He totally ignores Gardner's statement AND Kerry's own testimony of getting rice in his butt. You cannot see what you refuse to look at.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pound the mudderfudder with email!
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want another take on what O'reilly thinks see this thread. Quotes from his show. O'reilly is schyzo about this. All over the place. He was very negative on Kerry and then he flipped back and started attacking Swifties.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2190

"O’reilly discussing Swiftvets again – with post show report"

This is on page 3 of main board now.

Just read the latest article. O'reilly has softened A LOT since he slammed Swifties. Read carefully - he is holding his options open, staying reasonable "fair and balanced". I say he is slowly "flipping".
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent him an email.... It hasn't bounced back yet, so maybe he's been clearing out some space in his inbox. Let's fill er up again!

Subject:Opine...
Date:Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:36:00 -0700
To:Bill O'Reilly <oreilly@foxnews.com>

Hi Bill:

I have a comment regarding this portion of your article...

===CUT===
John Kerry was brave, but was also calculating. His heroism impressed most of his Swift Boat mates, but his civilian anti-war activities and perceived grandstanding also alienated many other Vietnam Vets. And so the battle lines are drawn.
===CUT===

Once again, you are being duped (or purposely being inaccurate) with the "If they weren't on his boat they weren't his mates" stupidity. What the hell is a "mate" anyway? Ask SBVT people about the reunion and the horror they felt when they realized that Kerry would run for President.

His heroism did NOT impress "most" of his Swift Boat mates, and until you screw your head on straight your ratings among actual servicemen and women will continue to plummet.... quite deservedly I might add.

Good luck,

Xxxx, Xxxxxx, CA
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: I sent this to oreilly Reply with quote

I sent this to oreilly. Tried to keep it pithy so that it might be read. Maybe Rassman's enemy fire was the mine and boat shrapnel coming back down?
Now that I think about it Rassman said boats, meaning he was under even longer.

Quote:
Bill,

Rassman states that he "went to the bottom of the river" because he was afraid of getting hit by a boat. Then he claims that he came up only for air because of enemy fire. No doubt Kerry picked him up. But as far as witnessing the whole account, I think I'd put my money on the Swiftees who were not submerged under water.

llano

llano estacado
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarineBrat wrote:
I just sent him an email.... It hasn't bounced back yet, so maybe he's been clearing out some space in his inbox. Let's fill er up again!

Subject:Opine...
Date:Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:36:00 -0700
To:Bill O'Reilly <oreilly@foxnews.com>

Hi Bill:

I have a comment regarding this portion of your article...

===CUT===
John Kerry was brave, but was also calculating. His heroism impressed most of his Swift Boat mates, but his civilian anti-war activities and perceived grandstanding also alienated many other Vietnam Vets. And so the battle lines are drawn.
===CUT===

Once again, you are being duped (or purposely being inaccurate) with the "If they weren't on his boat they weren't his mates" stupidity. What the hell is a "mate" anyway? Ask SBVT people about the reunion and the horror they felt when they realized that Kerry would run for President.

His heroism did NOT impress "most" of his Swift Boat mates, and until you screw your head on straight your ratings among actual servicemen and women will continue to plummet.... quite deservedly I might add.

Good luck,

Xxxx, Xxxxxx, CA

I might also add that by this logic, O'Reilly (and the rest of the media's) "shock and disgust" aimed at Jayson Blair for fabricating/plagarizing stories was totally unfounded. After all, most of them did not work for the New York Post. Seems like if you had to be actually on the boat to earn the right to an impression, you need to have been at the same paper for the same privelege. The trouble is, I refuse to pay O'Reilly money to get him that message. Therefore, I'm not "looking out for him".
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent this to O'Reilly:

Quote:
Dear Bill;

Nice try in your column. You haven’t quite gotten it, yet. Please, keep trying.

Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My article to Mr. O'Reilly

Dear Mr. O'Reilly

After listening to the radio factor today and you calling those of us who support this swiftvet ad a right winger - nuts...I changed my station. I won't be watching The O'Reilly Factor anymore either. You seem to forget that it is the conservative base who supported you on the air. You used to be at least someone middle ground, now as you are leaning towards the left you are going to start loosing those of us who are conservative.

Am I a right wing nut? Nope. Just because I do not like John Kerry and feel that he is wrong for this country does not make me a nut. I made up my choice about John Kerry long before the swiftvet ad, and actually I have been posting and visiting the swiftvet.com way before the ad came out. As a vet it was important for me to find someplace I could fit in and be where other vets felt and understood how I felt about John Kerry. We do not spill hatred on the website...we talk, discuss and debate the issues of John Kerry, the war...and believe it or not we have a few topics about Bill O'Reilly and I must tell you - you are loosing us vets and will continue with your anti-swiftvet stance.

You may feel that Vietnam is an "old" issue, you may feel that Mr. Kerry lying about Cambodia an embellishment - but what surprises me is that noone wonders how many other lies has this man told and is that the basis of his foundation?

John Kerry has been the one who has thumped his Vietnam war card and it is backfiring because Vets do not support him.

I do look at the issues of this campaign and it is not just based on John Kerry's Vietnam record (or lack of). I question his 87 billion before he voted against it. I question is "sensitive terrorism war" he wants to take; I question his liberal voting record - including voting just about everything that has made our military to where it is.

This is not just all about John Kerry and his lack of leadership, nor is it just about his flip-flopping record, nor is it about the lies about the Vietnam war and Cambodia...it is about John Kerry as a whole. A man who can not take a stand on any issue. If you wait around long enough John Kerry will eventually take your point of view.

I only agree with President Bush about 50-60% of the time...but at least I know where this man stands on! I may not agree with him, but he doesn't change his mind about his morale character. I question John Kerry's character.

So you have now lost another viewer. Unless I see where you apologize to these swiftvets I won't be back.

Theresa Alwood
Belleville, IL
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa, it doesn't pass the O'Reilly "pith" test, but you did great as far as I'm concerned!
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Article By O'Reilly Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
http://billoreilly.com/currentarticle

You know Orielly was great when we had Clinton in office becouse we were sick of being spoon fed all the "spin" so he became a conservative hero. the trouble is he is no such thing, orielly is in fact a person like so many that will report thier side and ignor facts. He likes Kerry he willl vote for him, probably becouse he dosnt like Bush and no other reason.
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow this quote springs to mind:

Quote:
Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.

-- Winston Churchill

I'm very disappointed in O'Reilly - I don't see how his creed of "looking out for the folks", is reflected in standing up for the elitist charlatan snob.

Regards, Ivan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: