SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a suggestion...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dray
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Just a suggestion... Reply with quote

Hi folks

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else in another post, but there are so many posts going up on this site that it’s hard to keep track.

I recently saw a video of Mr. Odell on one of the news programs, I believe on Fox. I thought he was doing an excellent job, but when he started going into the details of Mr. Rassman’s rescue, Hannity’s opposite number (some woman I didn’t recognize) started in with an almost hysterical barrage of questions which all led to the fact that Mr. Odell and others weren’t physically on Kerry’s boat. Mr. Odell tried to patiently explain how things were, but every time this woman would just break in and interrupt him with machine-gunned questions and comments.

This seems to be a calculated tactic from what I’ve read elsewhere on this site. Just interrupt, talk over, and otherwise prevent the swift boat veterans from explaining how these boats actually operated. Hammer away at the “you weren’t on the boat” issue, and leave that be the only thing that viewers come away with.

Well the best description I’ve run into so far about how these boats operated is in a couple of photographs that I’ve seen posted on this site. They clearly show the swift boats patrolling within several meters of one another.

My suggestion would be that any vet going on these programs take these photos along. You know the “you weren’t even on the boat” hobgoblin is going to be released on just about every one of these programs, and any comments made to explain how that theory is a crock is just going to get interrupted. Those photos really are worth a thousand words, and would do a lot to silence any Dem hatchetman sent out to smear the swiftees. Hard to say “so you were half a football field away, how could you have any clue to what was going on?” when you can see in those photos just how close the boats operated.

Anyway, that’s my two cents. If Kerry gets elected all I’ll have left is two cents after he gets done taxing me, so I’d rather you folks get it. 8^)

And for what it’s worth, I’m a veteran, but served long after Vietnam. But I had NCOs in my units that served there. I appreciate what you folks are doing. And I know that there are thousand of others just like me who appreciate that you are pushing these issues. Not because we are pro-Bush, or because we hate the left’s ideologies, or anything like that. But because we know that in spite of the place to which Hollywood and the media have relegated the Vietnam War, there were a lot of real heroes who came back from overseas, and a lot more who didn’t. And you ALL deserve better than what is being dished out by John F. Kerry. Keep fighting the good fight.

Dray
A proud veteran of Mr. Reagan’s Army
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly has been covered elsewhere!

Search for "Susan Estrich", and then step back! (She was the temp replacement for Colmes there, I believe.)

Also look up "hardball", "mathews", "carville" and the other hired moonbat who's name escapes me.

Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

Also look up "hardball", "mathews", "carville" and the other hired moonbat who's name escapes me.

Lanny Davis, rabid moonbat. Wink
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Echo Juliet.

And here I'd almost managed to forget that goblin Carville's name, too.

Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: