SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dewey Canyon IV?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Dewey Canyon IV? Reply with quote

It should be no secret to this forum that "son of kerry" plans to emulate the odious spectre of Wintersoldier I this coming March 13-16 in D.C.

Now is the time to begin educating ourselves about the players in this VVAW-esque band of seditionists.

Denis Keohane at "Obiter Dictum" (and other blogs which we should all become familiar with) has begun the education process in earnest with some terrific blog posts that apparently commenced in earnest on Dec. 18 with his entry ... "Winter Soldier 2008: What Would (Will) Kerry Do?".

Go there. Read them...then pass the word.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good link. Thanks

Dusty
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks #1. Good link.
Denis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: WSI 2008: Media DUPES! Reply with quote

DUPES or D.U.P.E.S. It's an acronym for "Date, Unit, People, Event and Signature".

Members of the media, I implore you: when the IVAW holds its Winter Soldier Investigation media event next March, think "DUPES"!

Let it guide you! When there is "testimony" about atrocities, serious crimes, remember that you are journalists or at least posing as same, and ask for:

D - Date(s) - when did this happen?

U - Unit(s) - what military unit was involved?

P - People - who were the individuals involved?

E - Event(s) - what exactly occurred?

S - Signature(s) - did the "witness" sign an affidavit, a deposition or a report to superiors, and thereby go on any kind of binding legal record about this?

If you hear about gross war crimes and atrocities at WSI 2008, and report that, gosh, you heard about gross war crimes and atrocities at WSI 2008, and you don't ask about such things, well, there might be a word for what that would make you, and it is not "journalists"!

DenisK
http://keohane.blogspot.com/
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, Denis.

I guess there's always hope that a journalist might somehow manage to do what journalists are reputed to do - namely, investigate and report - after all, Russert did ask that "big question" of Hillary Clinton just a few weeks ago.

Very smart to provide a "cheat sheet" that might assist reporters and maybe even prompt them into doing their jobs - most appear to be in dire need of such a checklist. Wink

But, frankly, I don't have much hope that our media will go poking into details when these poseurs pipe up. I think the reporters are going to swallow the sensational stories just like they did for the first Dewey Canyon melodrama. If it bleeds, it leads and if it puts the military or the United States in a bad light, it leads every damn day for months, no matter how unsubstantiated (or insubstantial) the story might be.

I think that only the "new media" stands between us and a re-run of the mass brainwashing that took place during Vietnam.

And after the last national election, I must say that I have a lot of faith in pajama-clad bloggers - much more than in the big media.

When you look at the events of that election, it's pretty amazing. The truth got out, even when the most powerful anchorman in the world tried to foist a fifth-rate fraud on the country.

And how many of us remember watching the Swifts' first news conference? Here were these upstanding, respectable men coming out and risking God-knows-what to tell the truth - and the media studiously ignored them!

Their side of the story got out, anyway. It was slow-going and what it cost these men, we'll never know, but their truth did get out. No thanks to the networks.

I don't think that the network reporters have actually caught on to the fact that by their bias and their own "curious incuriosity," they are making themselves irrelevant - they seem to me to be well behind the power curve.

Fortunately for us, it doesn't matter whether they do their jobs or not. The news will get out.

At the speed of light. Wink
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp Navy_Navy_Navy? Its time for us to put boots on the ground in DC, 3/13/08 to 3/19/08. Dunno about the rest of yall, but I aint gonna pass on a chance to roast n toast the wannabe lil bros of those that cooked everyones goose during Nam.

Aint gonna happen this time around. Nupe, nupe! No forgiveness on my behalf. Gonna go hunt 'em down & make sure each person backs up their garabage or goes to Leavenworth. I will not stand for it one lil iota......bad enough yall went through it during the late 60s & early 70's. I only wish I'd been big enough to do something about it back then.

Times have changed. Those of us that served in the mid 70's (yours truly) caught Hell & this kinda action aint gonna go down again. Pack your rucksacks, bring cold weather gear, we're gonna go huntin & make someones lives very miserable. Unless you'd rather sit back, be the sheep & let someone else handle it for ya.

See all yall in DC!

*peace out*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: