SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sKerry Endorses Obama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess the entire world can now start breathing again Rolling Eyes
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow I knew he would support a candiate that does not cross his heart for the pledge of allegience.

but thats the MSM war hero for ya !!!!

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and surely, as night follows day, the "news" as provided by Kerry toady/bagman/"journalist" Glen Johnson of the AP (emphasis mine)...

Quote:
2004 Dem Nominee Kerry Endorsing Obama
By GLEN JOHNSON

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — Barack Obama has won the presidential endorsement of Sen. John Kerry, the Democrats' 2004 nominee who lost to George W. Bush.

Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts, planned to announce his support Thursday at 11 a.m. EST at a rally at the College of Charleston, said a Democrat familiar with Kerry's decision. The 2004 nominee was to argue that Obama can best unite the country and has the potential to create transformational change, the person said.

Kerry lost the South Carolina Democratic primary in 2004 to John Edwards, the former North Carolina senator who now is running third in the 2008 campaign behind Hillary Rodham Clinton and Obama.

Besides any potential help for Obama, Thursday's endorsement was a slap at Edwards, who was Kerry's running mate in the last election. The two had their differences during the campaign over strategy and spending. In post-mortem interviews, Edwards said he would have been more aggressive in challenging the unsubstantiated allegations of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, the Vietnam War veterans who questioned Kerry's military record.

AP - cont'd
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeman wrote:
somehow I knew he would support a candiate that does not cross his heart for the pledge of allegience.

but thats the MSM war hero for ya !!!!

Somehow I also knew Kerry would support a candiate (Obama) who opposed/opposes a war being prosecuted by a Republican President who first obtained UN and Congressional approval to do so but says he would use military force in Pakistan (an act of war) without first obtaining Pakistan's, the UN's or Congressional approval to do so.

In other words, the only time Kerry and/or Obama support using military force is when a Democratic President uses it.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Soros is telling these people to support Obama. Richardson and th others will follow suit.
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean Kerry is angling for Vice President?
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiflemanDD730 wrote:
Does this mean Kerry is angling for Vice President?

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH, surely not!!!

But I think that he is looking for a Cabinet postion.

Or hoping to cause a deadlock in the 08 Demo Convention where he could swing a deal that would allow him to be the 08 Presidential nominee. A llloooonnngggg shot for sure, but not beyond him thinking of that, I think.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on Fox earlier today that Edwards was asked if he was disappointed that Kerry would not support him instead of Obama. Edwards reportedly said that if Kerry offered support, it would be refused. No love lost there.

Those rascally Swifties! How COULD they have broken up such a matched pair of candidates as Kerry and Edwards. It's a beautiful thing.

Schadow
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Well, I guess the entire world can now start breathing again Rolling Eyes

Laughing Yep.

The entire world except Obama, himself!

If he's got any sense at all, (and I believe that he does) poor Obama is livid with this kiss-of-death endorsement and Hillary is doing a happy inevitability dance. Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm generally loathe to link to leftist web content, the breadth of acrimony and ridicule being heaped upon Kerry from leftlandia is a feast that I am compelled to share...

Here's an hors d'oeuvre...

Quote:
Time to Unsubscribe
Taylor Marsh

John Kerry has endorsed Barack Obama. Sorry, but this is just classless. John Kerry didn't even tell Edwards he was going to endorse Obama. Is all manner of, well, manners ignored now? I didn't understand why Gore didn't tell Lieberman first either and I'm no fan of Joe, believe me. Of course, there is no rule on this, but when you go through the fire of a presidential campaign, it isn't a small event you're united in. Evidently Kerry tried to reach him but blah-blah-blah.

Former Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C., was in Charleston, SC, this morning when an aide brought word: the Associated Press was reporting that then-VP-nominee Edwards' 2004 running mate, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., was endorsing one of Edwards' chief rivals in the presidential contest, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois.

And this was how Edwards was finding out: through the media. Not by Kerry himself. ... ..

... .. Edwards supporters, meanwhile, thought the Kerry no-call particularly rude. They argued that South Carolina was a state that embodied Kerry's failures in many ways: Having kicked off his presidential race in the Palmetto State, he went on to lose it handily to Edwards in the 2004 Democratic primary and even more handily to President Bush in the general election.
<snip>

But these establishment endorsements are just silly, even insulting. It's long past time to begin unsubscribing from all of these DC Democrats who use their mailing lists to push the Democratic faithful into thinking that their opinion is more important than what the people think. These mailing lists are also the remnants of the big old boy network that gang up on candidates The Establishment has decided aren't passing muster. John Edwards comes to mind.

Edwards has a passionate agenda. He deserved better than this from John Kerry.

Most of us ignore these mailers. Instead, it's time to start unsubscribing and taking the power away from people like John Kerry who wield it through his mailing list from the last presidential election.

Message sent, received, and totally rejected.

Taylor Marsh - cont'd

Dear, dear Ms. Taylor. The Swiftees TRIED to tell you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Billary engineered this. Now Obama is going to stink of Kerry. Arrrccchhh!
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every once in a while Kerry has to come up with something to get his name in the press just to remind America he is still irrelavent
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone besides me notice that both Kerry and Kennedy call him O'Bomber?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received in email from the Obama Campaign,

Quote:
Yesterday in Charleston, South Carolina, I was honored to accept John Kerry's endorsement of my campaign for President of the United States.

Senator Kerry is a man who knows how much people who love this country can change it.

He is a man of courage, a man of conviction, and a man whose life story has given him an intimate understanding of the kind of change we need right now.

I don't know who put those words in his mouth, but that sure isn't the Kerry we saw in 2004 or 1971.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Lew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: