SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's All Over-McCain Will Be Nominee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: It's All Over-McCain Will Be Nominee Reply with quote

I am so upset! The GOP nomination is McCain's, even though Romney won the 'Republican' vote in the 'Republican' Primary in Florida. Why do Independents get to pick OUR nominee???
Quote:
It's All Over [Michael Graham]
Assuming there is no shocking revelation or health issue, the GOP nomination is over. Conservatives need to start practicing the phrase "Nominee presumptive John McCa....."
Sorry, I can't say it. Not yet.

But it's true. When the campaign comes here to Massachusetts on February 5th, I'll proudly cast my vote for any option on the GOP ballot other than You-Know-Who. But it will be a futile gesture. Mr. "1/3rd Of The GOP Primary Vote" is going to be the nominee.

He's going to win the big, left-leaning states on Tuesday. Huckabee will stay in and deny Romney a one-on-one contest for GOP voters that Captain Amnesty would almost certainly lose. The result: More wins for He Who Must Not Be Named, and fewer wins for Romney—regardless of delegate count.

Florida has launched the one ship that Romney's money and Rush Limbaugh cannot stop: The U.S.S. Inevitable. It's gonna happen. Even if there were a realistic pathway to stop him, the media have seized control of the process now and are declaring him inevitable. He is, after all, the favorite son of the New York Times.

So it is over. Finished. In November, we'll be sending out our most liberal, least trustworthy candidate vs. to take on Hillary Clinton—perhaps not more liberal than Barack Obama, but certainly far less trustworthy.
And the worst part for the Right is that McCain will have won the nomination while ignoring, insulting and, as of this weekend, shamelessly lying about conservatives and conservatism.

You think he supported amnesty six months ago? You think he was squishy on tax cuts and judicial nominees before? Wait until he has the power to anger every conservative in America, and feel good about it.

Every day, he dreams of a world filled with happy Democrats and insulted Republicans. And he is, thanks to Florida, the presidential nominee of the Republican party.

And on that note, I'm off to climb into a bottle of Bushmill's. It's going to be a LONG nine months.
The Corner at National Review

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was set up long ago by the lamestream media to give Hillary and easier slide back into the White House. Strong conservatives were ignored, suffering a near total blackout on coverage and relegated to the far ends of debates, being given few questions to state their positions.

Many of us tried to get conservatives to check out the long shots who were being ignored but who stood on solid conservatism. Too many agreed they were good, but "not breaking out," therefore they couldn't support them.

The last few weeks before their withdrawals, even conservative columnists and radio hosts joined in with the blackout on coverage of the few actual conservative candidates. Michelle Malkin published a glowing eulogy of Duncan Hunter when it was felt he was dropping out, then ignored him until he did. Then, another glowing eulogy of his candidacy, but no support when he or the others were running.

Limbaugh also didn't cover them, but constantly complained about all the rest. Hannity, Levin, Coulter, none would speak much of them to let conservative voters know there were some decent candidates.

So, they've all dropped out now and I'm afraid the Republican party is in it's death throes as we send one of the most liberal members of the party to represent us, almost guaranteeing very low conservative turn-out, I fear.

Memories of the Keating 5 and McCain's involvement nor rumor of this possible involvement in a Telecom Lobbying Scandal will matter little as the New York Times and other staunchly liberal media outlets sing his praises as who they want to oppose Hillary, giving her an easy win to the presidency.

As I see it, our main prayer now will be to retake Congress in 2010, provided we still have the freedom we endear today.

In all my 59 years I've never witnessed such brazen manipulation of the public in such an important election. Hunker down, America, there is quite a bit of turbulence ahead.

Last edited by LewWaters on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not quite ready to make my reservations at Club RINO but I'm looking over the brochures.

What a disappointment.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Tues is not yet here...so let's wait. I really, really, really do not want McCain as the GOP nomination. What has happened to the republican party? I am tired of talk radio already giving the nomination to McCain...maybe if they urged their listeners to get OUT and vote in full force we can knock McCain out of the race, otherwise I see the dems winning the Whitehouse regardless of who gets the nomination...I see a lot of GOP's staying home and saying what the heck.
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: McCain gets Edward's endorsement Reply with quote

http://www.scrappleface.com/

John Edwards Drops Out, Endorses McCain

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace ·

(2008-01-30) — Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards today quit the race for the Democrat presidential nomination, and immediately endorsed Republican frontrunner Sen. John McCain.
“As the presidential field narrows,” Sen. Edwards will reportedly say at an afternoon news conference, “I just didn’t feel there would be room in the race for two white males who favor leniency for illegal aliens, who opposed Bush’s tax cuts for the rich, who fight man-made global warming, who support limits on so-called free speech in political campaigns, who have worked to hinder approval of conservative judicial nominees, and who stand against the Bush administration’s desire to torture terror suspects with waterboarding.”
Mr. Edwards added that, while he’s young enough to run for president 10 more times, the septuagenarian Sen. McCain “may have only five or six more shots at it.”
While Mr. Edwards played down speculation that he might bring balance to the ticket as Sen. McCain’s running mate, he noted that it would be “a once-in-a-lifetime thrill to team up with an actual Vietnam war hero.”
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: McCain gets Edward's endorsement Reply with quote

J. Toy wrote:
While Mr. Edwards played down speculation that he might bring balance to the ticket as Sen. McCain’s running mate, he noted that it would be “a once-in-a-lifetime thrill to team up with an actual Vietnam war hero.”

OUCH !

That'll leave a mark Laughing Laughing Laughing
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope and pray that Mitt will somehow go big on Super Tuesday. I would take any GOP and even Huckabee over John McCain. So tonight I will say and prayer...Please God do not let John McCain get the nomination. In Jesus Christ name I pray. Amen.

I sure hope that he picks Fred Thompson as his VP....there has got be some type of hope out there. I refuse to believe my that party is so STUPID as to vote for this man in any way, shape or form. Voting for John McCain will surely just allow the Dems control of the Whitehouse and the Congress and God Help us all if that happens.

I can see likes of Jimmy Carter horrors coming to be. Excess taxes, excess taxes and socialize medicine. The worst thing for America!

I HOPE GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS AMERICA. But with the Dems in control that will be the only help we can count out. The republican party has done everything in its power to be ineffective and refused to fight when they needed to. It is truly being a sad, sad day.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Country is Doomed !!!!
Our next president will either be a member of Club Rino, an inexperienced liberal or the female AntiChrist. Geez, even Huckle Buck is lookin' good now.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze, folks, it ain't over yet..........too soon to break out the hemlock.
Even if it does turn out to be McCain,....or........."shudder".....the Clinton duo, its not the end of the world.
We survived 4 years of Jimmuh and 8 years of Billary, already, and we'll survive another turn. May not be pretty, but we'll come out on the other end.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Our next president will either be a member of Club Rino...

Jack, assuming "Republican" can be arguably defined by the political philosophy espoused by the standardbearer, it is also arguable that you and I (and a slew of conservative GOPers) may be headed into the newly-defined "RINO" ranks...and that rankles.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I will have to be honest. I am really worried with Rudy and Arnold endorsing McCain - I think the American people have finally lost all common sense. I just do not think I can vote for McCain...I think I will have to write in a name. I just can not endorse this man at all. He is not a republican or a conservative...the press just loves him because they also do not see the difference between McCain or Clinton.

To say we survived 8 years of Clinton, yes that is true, but also that was before 09-11 and if Obama get the Presidency he is saying he WILL pull the troops out and therefore will let the terrorist win....and let the 3,000 plus lives of our brave men and women go in vain. Yes he makes a pretty speech and the fools are falling all over him and for him...I just shrudder to think of the damage he can do because he will have control of the Senate...with the Clintons they did not. There IS a definate difference.

I just CAN not vote for McCain...I just can not do it. He is NOT the right person for the job.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like I can feel a bad case of the flu coming on and I can't do anything about it.
America has gone blind, deaf and dumb.

Dusty
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, John McCain won't be getting my vote either, ....unless........he is the last man standing against Hillary or Obama in November.
At that time, in the interest of doing my best to prevent another Billary term in the Whitehouse (with all the resurection of the problems of the last time they squatted in the mansion) or the possibility of having to refer to "President Obama" for the next 4 or 8 years, I will hold my nose and go to the polls and cast a vote for "McCain for President".
Failure to do so will have the effect of casting a vote for whichever Dem. they're running since there will be one more Dem. vote not rebutted or cancelled out by my vote.
I won't like a McCain Presidency, whether for 4 years or 8 years, but it will be infinitly better than a Clinton or an Obama Presidency.
That is the reality of the thing, we don't always get the man we want. Sometimes we just have to muddle through with what we can geet.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. I have a feeling we're gonna need a lot of those #1.

I'm lucky I guess. Since I had my vocal chords removed and breath through this hole in my neck I can't smell anything anymore. Hadn't really appreciated that until now.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: