SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Three Huckabees For An Obama?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: "Three Huckabees For An Obama?" Reply with quote

WHAT! is TOPPS thinking?

Photoshoppers, PLAY BALL! Laughing

Quote:
Three Huckabees For An Obama?
New Topps baseball set includes dozen presidential candidate cards

JANUARY 31--When the first packs of the 2008 Topps baseball card set arrive in stores next week, kids everywhere will be confronted with the mysterious calculus of value:

How many Giulianis will get me an Obama?
Is a Huckabee worth two Pauls?
Who'll take these 12 Kuciniches off my hands?

Along with stars like Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Howard, the new Topps set includes a dozen cards featuring presidential candidates (six Democrats and six Republicans). Sadly, fans of Chris Dodd, Duncan Hunter, Mike Gravel, and Tom Tancredo will not find their candidate among the set. On average, one candidate card will be found in every ninth pack, which each cost about $3 and contain a dozen baseball cards. So a collector will have to spend hundreds of dollars to amass the entire candidate set, which will not be sold separately. On the following pages you'll find scans of the Topps candidate cards, which carry brief biographical sketches on their flip side. (12 pages)

The Smoking Gun

HT: K-Lo at "The Corner"
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at that biography for Hillery, I couldn't help but think:

Yep! She'll be our first surrogate President, too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: