SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How is John McCain like John Kerry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: How is John McCain like John Kerry? Reply with quote

Apparently Kerry was on Larry King denigrating his good friend John McCain on foreign policy
and promoting Obama.
I went searching for the transcript to no avail, but came across this
article from a month ago.
Sheesh, just when I'm trying to convince myself to support McCain
because the alternative is unthinkable, I read this and the anger boils up again!!
Quote:
How is John McCain Like John Kerry
~snip~
Fair or not, the senator has also generated a reputation as being hostile to the families of those Americans still missing. And some of that is probably his fault. A well-known example is his barbed exchange with a witness whose brother went missing in Vietnam. Dolores Apodaca Alfond, who appeared before the Senate committee on Nov. 11, 1992, expressed concern that the committee might shut down without finding all the answers. The famously testy McCain bristled at the suggestion. "I do not denigrate your efforts," he said. "And I am sick and tired of you denigrating mine and many other people who have views different from you." Even he admitted that day that he may have "appeared upset." News clips say McCain left the hearing room that day to the sound of hisses from the audience of around 50 relatives of missing Americans.

That panel was chaired by Massachusetts Democrat Sen. John Kerry, a Vietnam veteran who already had a troubled relationship with his fellow veterans because of his outspoken opposition to the war after his tours of duty. It was while serving on the panel together that McCain and Kerry solidified a friendship. In addition to their experience in Vietnam, the two men shared the belief that the United States would be more likely to get information about Americans unaccounted for after the war by normalizing relations with Vietnam.

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just have to wonder if McCain realizes, even today, that lying with snakes as a RINO is not a good thing!!! Or perhaps he, Like Kerry, has used too much Botox....

Botox can migrate to brain

Would certainly explain their aberant behavior!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: