SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOES IT REALLY MATTER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owenlady
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: DOES IT REALLY MATTER Reply with quote

There is so much said about Hilary, Obama, McCain.........it makes you wonder does it really matter?

Well of course it does. We live here. And most of us have kids, grandkids or hope to have them and moms and dads and friends.......

We have to decide if those of us who work want those who don't to have "free health care" - if I'm paying I sure don't think it's free - maybe I want that tax money for other things - or shall I not work as well? How about all the other social programs???? If I'm working to pay for them how are they free? And why are my taxes going up and who in the world will STOP PORK???

Obama should be known for the company he chose and chooses to keep. Matters not at all what his race, color or gender are, if he had stood with and intended to stand with those I find decent and honorable and believe as I do - then he'd have my vote----but he doesn't and he won't. (Though maybe not - if you can't wear my flag - the one my dad fought so hard for - then I guess you couldn't get my vote no way and no how).

Hilary - she just plain lies and is caught in it - the word is she and her husband removed items from the White House when they left that didn't belong to them as well as trashing the place or allowing it to be trashed...well darn it that's my house-----my taxes pay for the running and upkeep there and I just can't vote for someone who cannot realize that. And this isn't even the entire list - we all know there is more.

McCain - though I destest the fact he climbed on Gore's bus of global warming and apparently never met a democrat he didn't love-------at least I can dig and dig and celebrate his service to our country and I guess I'll vote for him.

But you know what I wish, all of us on this board and so many others have friends, family and acquaintances........why can't we come together and start a ground swell to vote ALL OF THEM OUT OF OFFICE and take back our country. Every single one of them can be a pauper when voted into office and somehow they become rich in their first term. What's wrong with this picture. Why am I and you and your friends and family giving them free cars to drive, we pay the gas, the insurance, etc. and we give them health care and don't they generously vote themselves a raise in the small wee hours of the night so we don't see it. And how about all those secret meetings which lead to things like immigration reform and more pork and how can they just stick something on a bill and it goes through and we seem to be powerless to stop it.

IT IS OUR COUNTRY - NOT JUST THEIRS - Well all, each of us, everyone of us American need to wake up - the race and gender of the person doesn't matter as it seems they get the vote and we become their discarded refuse - oh except for our money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: