SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taranto: "Drip, Drip, Drip"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Taranto: "Drip, Drip, Drip" Reply with quote

There should be little doubt by now as to whom Taranto might be refering to...Enjoy!

Quote:
Drip, Drip, Drip

Four years ago, as the Associated Press reports, John McCain denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth's ad campaign against John Kerry. "I deplore this kind of politics," McCain said. "I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable."

We think McCain was wrong back then. Kerry was running as a "war hero," and surely voting public had an interest in knowing that so many of the men alongside whom he fought thought him closer to a zero. But we have to credit McCain's intentions. He was acting according to his ideas of honor.

The AP reports on how John Kerry is repaying that honor:
    Kerry says Republican John McCain doesn't have the judgment to be president....

Kerry had no kind words his Senate colleague Sunday, accusing McCain of poor decision-making on everything from backing tax cuts for the wealthy to making support for continuing the U.S. military presence in Iraq the centerpiece of his presidential campaign.
Here's a lengthy Kerry quote from the "Face the Nation" transcript:
    John McCain has changed in profound and fundamental ways that I find, personally, really surprising and, frankly, upsetting. He is not the John McCain as the senator who defined himself, quote, "as a maverick," though questionable.

This is a different John McCain. This is, you know, not the Senator John McCain, this is "nomination John McCain." This is "wannabe president" John McCain. And the result is that John McCain has flip-flopped on more issues than, you know, I was even ever accused possibly of thinking about.

I mean, this is extraordinary, what he's done. He's changed on taxes. He's now in favor of the Bush tax cut. If you like the Bush economy, if you like the Bush tax cut and what it's done to our economy, making wealthier people wealthier and the average middle class struggle harder, then John McCain's going to give you a third term of George Bush and Karl Rove. If you like what has happened to oil prices, John McCain is going to continue that policy. If you like what you've seen about health care, John McCain has no health care plan. I would've at least expected the John McCain that I knew back then to realize...
Former prisoners of war in Vietnam have said that their captors tormented them by playing recordings of Kerry's speeches. Think of it as a form of Chinese water torture, with John Kerry as the drip. Whatever the merits of his criticisms of McCain, the way he puts them is so sour and unimaginative that you can't help but be repelled.

What a dreary man. Then again, maybe that's why the Obama campaign is using him as a surrogate. The realization that this was the best the Democrats had to offer four years ago cannot help but make party loyalists feel good about their nominee this year.

Best of the Web Today
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: What a coincidence... Reply with quote

...same sound my toilet has been making. Too much accumulation of scum and corrosion over the years, left the "outflow flapper" to deteriorate for too long, and now it's time for a complete "overhaul" to get that worthless "floater" out of the "chamber".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: