SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Gore for Energy Czar -- Boone Pickens says

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Al Gore for Energy Czar -- Boone Pickens says Reply with quote

Are we living in the Twilight Zone?

T Boone 'for AL Gore for energy czar if Obama wins'.

Q: So, how about, though, Mr. Pickens, if you and Vice President Gore go on the road, even though you have different paths. If you go on the road together -- by the way, the road could be ABC, NBC, CBS; I'm not saying, you know, to go through Oklahoma, California and all the cities -- but if you combined for this message, do you think that you could have an even greater impact? Why not go on the road together?

Pickens: I think it'd be confusing, because what will happen is Al and I would be on the first question and they would say, "What do you think the transportation fuel should be?" And Al would say, "I think it'd be electricity." And I would say, "I think we're ten years away from that," and I would say, "natural gas" and then we would talk. I think if we're separate and saying 90 percent the same thing, I think it's two campaigns instead of one combined.

Q: Well, do you think that there should be an energy czar? I mean a true energy czar; I don't mean something within the government, a commission.

Pickens: Well you know, I think I was the one that came up with that idea -- that you should have a czar -- and I told President Bush two months ago. I said there should be an energy czar, and I said the czar should report to the president one time a year. I said the rest of the time they give him the tools to get the job done and tell him to go do it.

Q: And what did he say?

Pickens: He listened, he asked some questions, and he said, who do you think would be a person for that? And I said that I think George Patton would be good. Of course George Patton's been dead years.

(laughter)

Q: I was going to say, General Patton?

Pickens: Yeah, but you need somebody like General Patton; you give him the tools and you say, there's the hill, General, take it -- take the hill.

Q: Well, if Senator Obama wins, should it be Al Gore?

Pickens: He should what?

Q: If Obama wins the election, should Al Gore go in and be the energy czar?

Pickens: Well, you know, you asked me a question, I don't know. I would certainly not... In that case, I think I would be for Al Gore for energy czar.

Q: Well, if Senator McCain wins, would you want to be energy czar?

Pickens: No, I've already said numerous times I'm too old for that job. I wouldn't want that at all. I'd be glad to help in any way. I don't always have to be the chairman of something. I'm a good foot soldier, you know; I'd be glad to work with somebody on it or for somebody.

But listen, this thing, I'm dead serious on what I'm talking about. This country is -- we are in pitiful shape as far as energy is concerned. And the thing about it, where we're getting our energy, we're in bad shape. We have plenty of energy right here. What we need is to get organized and to get a leader that will take us into the fight and win the war.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Al Gore for Energy Czar -- Boone Pickens says Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
T Boone 'for AL Gore for energy czar if Obama wins'.

Good god Rolling Eyes
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: I'm just the messenger... Reply with quote

Lately he seems to have become a bit incoherent, maybe sucking too many fumes from one of his wells... and maybe sitting too close to Newt GREENGrinch at the bar... Rolling Eyes
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond this, but certainly on topic, is my exchange with my 2 Senators, and one Congressman. The Senators are McCain and Kyl, the Congressman is Flake.

I sent a strong letter to each, which follows these comments. First I got a response from Jeff Flake, which was a lot of mumbo jumbo, and not one mention of nuclear power. Next was John Kyl's answer, again, more smoke and mirrors, but no mention of nuclear power plants, much less a commitment to get off the pot and encourage the building of more nuclear power plants.

As far as drilling for new oil, at new locations, I don't know where the hell they stand. Suffice to say that I got no response from McCain, about any of this. Below is the letter, and each of us can send it!

"[Your Name]

[Your Address]

[City, State Zip Code]

[Date]

Re: EFFECTIVE NATIONAL ENERGY POLICY

The Honorable [Representative or Senator]

[Address]

District of Columbia, [Zip Code]

Dear [Representative or Senator Last Name]:

My family, neighbors and I demand that you and your Congressional colleagues work to develop an effective national energy policy. We see evidence of your failure to develop such a policy each day when we fill our gas tanks, buy food, or read economic statistics in the newspaper.

There are specific measures that Congress can take which will go far towards improving our energy security until renewable or “alternative” energy sources can assume more of the burden.

Specifically, we demand that Congress craft and pass legislation to enhance the United States’ energy security via the following measures:

1. Legislation to fast-track the licensure of new nuclear generating facilities

2. Legislation to fast-track access to domestic oil reserves

3. Legislation to fast-track licensure of new oil refineries

Your failure to implement these measures will be obvious to all Americans if energy prices continue to rise dramatically, and our economy continues to decline.

If you fail to develop an effective policy for American energy security, my family, neighbors and I will organize to see that you are not reelected.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]"
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Couldn't have said it better myself Reply with quote

I second the motion....

OR ELSE!

zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, Michael Rennie, and Gordt! "The Day the Earth Stood Still" Cool
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but don't tell those three esteemed members of Congress. We need to convince them that we mean business...or our "friends" might become "unhappy" with the way we solve our problems here on Earth.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
Beyond this, but certainly on topic, is my exchange with my 2 Senators, and one Congressman. The Senators are McCain and Kyl, the Congressman is Flake.
Zinfella,
I'm sure you know this already, but all congress-critters are Flakes....tho nowadays, seems that some are but elected thugs.Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: