SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There's something in the wind...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: There's something in the wind... Reply with quote

Yet another indicy that Kerry just might be the VP nominee. My guess is Kerry is trying to get out in front of a future major obstacle. Does "methinks he doth protesteth too much" apply here?

Quote:
Kerry Takes on Swift Boaters in Obama's Defense
By Liza Porteus Viana
AOL News
Aug 14th 2008

Four years after John Kerry was swift-boated out of White House contention, the Massachusetts Democrat has launched a Web site to combat a new controversial book taking aim at Barack Obama.

Kerry's first target is one of his fiercest antagonists from his 2004 presidential bid, Jerome Corsi, who wrote "Obama Nation" and also was coauthor in 2004 of "Unfit for Command," which attacked Kerry's Vietnam War record in 2004. Kerry's Web site - called "Truth Fights Back: Stop the Smears" - will also seek to counter assaults on other Democrats this election.

"John Kerry can and will fight for the truth on cable news, but we need all of us to battle against the smears in every way," the Web site says. "This site is designed for activists like you to take back the truth from the Bush/McCain politics of Karl Rove that have come to dominate the GOP. So sign up and join in the fight, and start reporting in some smears!"

AOL News - cont'd

Kerry launches site to fight Obama rumors
From CNN's Rebecca Sinderbrand and Abbi Tatton
CNN Politics.com
August 14, 2008

Inset: Kerry’s PAC launched the site Wednesday.

(CNN) — Four years after finding himself the target of a scathing campaign-year book from a conservative author during his own campaign, former Democratic presidential contender John Kerry is launching a Web site to discredit the writer’s latest work, which takes aim at 2008 presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama.

The move comes amid news “Obama Nation,” the latest book by author Jerome Corsi, has secured a berth atop New York Times best-seller list. Corsi previously co-wrote “Unfit for Command,” a book highly critical of Kerry’s military record during the Vietnam War.

Kerry’s new Web site, “Truth Fights Back” – which will be funded by the Massachusetts senator’s political action committee — resembles the “Fight the Smears” site Obama’s campaign launched earlier this year, and uses similar methods: a list of responses to existing rumors about the presumptive Democratic nominee, a form to report new attacks, and a request for supporters to add their names to an e-mail listserv that will direct activists on rapid response to future attacks on Obama and other Democratic candidates.

CNN Politics.com - cont'd
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we need to be ready for any eventuality where Kerry is concerned. Still, I find it hard to believe that Obama is ill informed enough to choose old Lurch.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry’s new Web site, “Truth Fights Back” – which will be funded by the Massachusetts senator’s political action committee — resembles the “Fight the Smears” site Obama’s campaign launched earlier this year, and uses similar methods: a list of responses to existing rumors about the presumptive Democratic nominee,

...so a fact checked book full of footnotes is considered "existing rumors" in the moonbat Left world...
Quote:
a form to report new attacks, and a request for supporters to add their names to an e-mail listserv that will direct activists on rapid response to future attacks on Obama and other Democratic candidates.

...sychronized outrage, mob denial-of-service attacks, eh? ...run, lemmings, run....
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Quote:
Kerry’s new Web site, “Truth Fights Back” – which will be funded by the Massachusetts senator’s political action committee — resembles the “Fight the Smears” site Obama’s campaign launched earlier this year, and uses similar methods: a list of responses to existing rumors about the presumptive Democratic nominee,

...so a fact checked book full of footnotes is considered "existing rumors" in the moonbat Left world...
Quote:
a form to report new attacks, and a request for supporters to add their names to an e-mail listserv that will direct activists on rapid response to future attacks on Obama and other Democratic candidates.

...sychronized outrage, mob denial-of-service attacks, eh? ...run, lemmings, run....

The Left is consumed by rumor an innuendo, don't be bothering them with facts!
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on the subject of Lurch as VP.

http://wbztv.com/politics/jonkeller/john.kerry.vice.2.796143.html
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... he's putting one up for Obama but not for himself?

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: He's got his "Magic" CIA Hat to protect him Reply with quote

...what else is left to say or do to totally discredit Kerry? They destroyed him in 2004 -- the only thing left is to eat the corpse, and nobody is interested in doing that.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1?

I stand by my instincts, sir. Its a coming 'round the bend......Hang on to your hat

Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper, it sure looks like you may be right. I could swear I hear Johnny Cash somewhere in the back of my mind singing "Folsom Prison Blues"....man, I don't even have a "lucky" CIA hat to hang on to. Crying or Very sad
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither do I, TEWS. Just what I gather from the underground sites & my street punk sense sets the stage.....We're long done hearing from this mo fo...trust that.

garryowen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: