SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vice President Kerry?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Vice President Kerry? Reply with quote

OK, in the [admittedly extremely REMOTE] chance that Obama would decide to add Kerry's name to his slate......see this:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2032247/posts

I can see Obama raising this lightning rod candidate to incite the masses to swarm the polls to 'revenge' the 'outrage' of the last presidential election! giving the [again admittedly uninformed] masses their last chance to avenge the 'unjust' alGore/Kerry elections!

So while Kerry would NOT be 'commander-in-chief', he suddenly becomes just one heart-beat away from that coveted CIC spot... just curious, would that raise the stakes enough for our heros, the SVPfT, to 're-up' for another tour of duty?...just askin'
Deuce
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Obama's Rogue's Gallery Reply with quote

John, lose the costume... Rolling Eyes

I'm John Kerry, and I endorse Barak Obama and Owl Gore's Global Warming Scam...hey Al, easy on those burritos.

Perfect Choice for Obama's First Supreme Court Justice

...oh, do you like the photos of my "heros"?

Perfect Choice for Obama's "Vice" President, U.S. Rep. William Jefferson
Feds find congressman's crime runs in family
Indicted Rep. William Jefferson's siblings, niece now face fraud charges.

Posted: June 11, 2008
12:45 am Eastern
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

June 4 is a date that will live in infamy for one political New Orleans family. On that date in 2007, U.S. Rep. William Jefferson was indicted on 16 counts of bribery and racketeering. One year later to the day, Jefferson's brother, sister and niece were issued a 31-count federal indictment for a litany of alleged crimes.

William Jefferson made news in 2005 when the FBI raided his home and eventually released news that he had hid $90,000 in aluminum foil packages in his freezer, money he was allegedly going to use to bribe African officials. The nine-term Louisiana Democrat now awaits trial in Virginia, though he is running for re-election this fall.

This fall's election may provide some redemption for the Jefferson family, but first they have to get through summer.

A federal grand jury last week indicted William Jefferson's sister, Betty, his brother, Mose, and Betty's daughter, Angela Coleman, on 31 counts of conspiracy to commit mail fraud, federal program fraud, aggravated identity theft, mail fraud, conspiracy to commit money laundering and substantive program fraud.

In addition, Betty, an elected New Orleans tax assessor, faces four counts of tax evasion, and Mose faces three counts of making false statements to federal investigators.

If convicted on all counts of the June 4 indictment, the Jefferson trio faces a maximum, collective sentence of 786 years in prison and nearly $8 million in fines.

The indictment states that the Jefferson family members used their non-profit and for-profit companies to obtain state and federal grant money for charitable initiatives. Federal investigators allege that the family then funneled more than $600,000 of that money into their own pockets.

U.S. attorney Jim Letten told reporters in a press conference that the Jefferson family, "having obtained these grant moneys for stated civic purposes – to benefit at-risk youth and such things – misapplied and basically stole these monies."

The politically prominent Jefferson family now has four members facing federal criminal charges, but even more may be on the way.

WGNO-TV in New Orleans reports that indictment also includes other, as of yet unnamed, Jefferson family members. Letten told the station the investigation into the Jefferson family's crimes is continuing, and more names and charges may be announced in the future.

Mose Jefferson also faces a previous indictment, filed in April. He is charged with bribing the former New Orleans school board president $140,000 to approve a computer contract and receiving an almost $1 million kickback from the computer company.

Mose Jefferson, Betty Jefferson and Angela Coleman are scheduled to next appear in court on the 20th of – when else? – June.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A passing thought on this topic that might bear some consideration.

As I ponder Kerry's "quid" for his Obama-touting "quo", I'm currently inclined to believe that Kerry's present goal IS the VP designation. For ONE very salient reason...

Were Kerry to pursue an appointment to some high profile cabinet position ("Sec of State" has already been a subject of speculation), it would necessitate subjecting himself to the potential minefield of a SENATE CONFIRMATION HEARING.

To say that the potential for "uncomfortable" lines of inquiry might exist in such a hearing might be an understatement.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Obama tapping Kerry would be suicide to his campaign - no one likes a loser, after all.

Which is why I hope he taps him.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
.... Were Kerry to pursue an appointment to some high profile cabinet position ("Sec of State" has already been a subject of speculation), it would necessitate subjecting himself to the potential minefield of a SENATE CONFIRMATION HEARING.

To say that the potential for "uncomfortable" lines of inquiry might exist in such a hearing might be an understatement.

Since the Senate committees will undoubtedly (and unfortunately) still be solidly in Democrat hands, such a confirmation process would probably go forward without much damage to Kerry, IMO.

A model for such inquiry is found in Boxer's Environment and Public Works Committee where anyone doubting impending doom from climate change is treated with the most shameful demagoguery and scorn from her and her Majority colleagues. Algore and his fellow hoaxers, on the other hand, are treated like gods.

Schadow
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am inclined to think the same, Me#1....I think there was thread going somewhere here back in late '06 or early '07 on this very subject if memory serves me correctly, in which I stated then that we should expect John Kerry to make another run at public office such as VP....

So far, his background actions indicate to me that just such posturing is well underway & I am at a lack of how to go about explaining it clearly. Researching some radical groups in early '08 in preparation for WS2, there were some postings made about him doing something to that effect on a leftist site than I've long since lost track of.......
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unsure at this point just what job Kerry is coveting in a would-be Obama administration but, assuming a cabinet appointment, there would be more than enough justification for ANY Senator to demand access to Kerry's military records (even via a signed SF180 were that a necessary requisite for access...I'm unsure if Senate confirmation inquiries are also subject to the same provisions of the privacy act as we mere mortals).

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I also understand that a Senate Confirmation Hearing, under their "Advise and Consent" mandate, is comprised of EVERY sitting U.S. Senator and is largely immune from partisan domination in terms of controlling the direction of an individual Senator's inquiries.

In fact, a strong case can easily be made that NOT examining Kerry's service record would be an abrogation of the Senate's responsibility to properly vet a nominee for a high-profile cabinet position.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Senatus Sodom et Populusque United States Reply with quote

We are now dealing with "Senatus Sodom et Populusque United States"

#1, your logic is impeccable, but finding even one Senator willing to stick his neck out may be as difficult as Lot finding one righteous man in Sodom.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Senatus Sodom et Populusque United States Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
...finding even one Senator willing to stick his neck out may be as difficult as Lot finding one righteous man in Sodom.

Perhaps you overestimate Hillary's affection for Jean Fraud and underestimate her future ambition, Joe Lieberman/Jim Inhofe's integrity, or a defeated John McCain's proclivity for "payback"?

Anyway, I'd like to think so.

Also, I'm not sure that "sticking his neck out" might be entirely apt. A request for a look at his service record seems not only appropriate, but easily defendable given the Senate mandate, no?
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Obama picks Hanoi John as a running mate (not likely in my opinion), he'll get a free ride from the Democrat-controlled Senate.
I was all in favor of this group continuing after the election and getting him booted, but it's too late for that now. I would say the overwhelming evidence shows that Kerry received a dishonorable discharge from the Navy, the revelation of which would end his political career.
Now we have to worry where the idiot might end up, which he will make an unmitigated disaster of in short order.
Not good.
He's unfit to command a surfboard, but I'm sure you've realized that by now.
I'm planning on sitting out this election, but if Kerrys name pops up, I'll be forced to vote for McCain.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: I hope you are right Reply with quote

#1, a pound of government cheese says even if "Senatress Succubus" herself or the honorable Senators you named made such a request, all they would get would be the same redacted "complete record" Kerry and his BOB have produced all along. Getting even the version the hand-picked media conspirators reviewed is quite a stretch in my view, but I hope I'm wrong....no, I hope the issue doesn't have to be addressed.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: I hope you are right Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
#1, a pound of government cheese says even if "Senatress Succubus" herself or the honorable Senators you named made such a request, all they would get would be the same redacted "complete record" Kerry and his BOB have produced all along.

Not with a properly filled out and signed SF180 they wouldn't. They'd get the WHOLE enchilada (as would several hundred notoriously talkative staff).

But I'm unclear that the Senate's mandate to perform their Constitutional oversight doesn't trump Kerry's right to privacy under the provisions of the Privacy Act. That's the nub of the question as I see it, and I certainly don't know the answer to that one.

If Kerry becomes a cabinet-designee, I think we're likely to find out.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1, I hope you're right. Kerry has gotten away with it for all these years, and not even the revelations from 2004 stirred up any curiosity in the Senate or with the Senate ethics committee. The Republicans are too cowed to raise their hands and ask to go to the bathroom, and the Democrats close ranks even on thieves who hide bribe money in their freezers and "land swappers" who trade worthless property for premium property and make a killing off the taxpayers to boot. These bums used to give the pretense of following rules and being somewhat professional in their conduct; now, they don't even try to hide their disregard for fairness or rules. They rule like tyrants and act as though they are all above the law now...maybe they are...so what will it be like when Obama is in the White House, the Democrats hold filibuster-proof majorities in both houses of Congress, and the Supreme Court adds at least two more ACLU lawyers? Hugo Chavez could get confirmed by that oligarchy.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Senatus Sodom et Populusque United States Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
We are now dealing with "Senatus Sodom et Populusque United States"

#1, your logic is impeccable, but finding even one Senator willing to stick his neck out may be as difficult as Lot finding one righteous man in Sodom.
Well there is the list of the 13 Republicans who voted Saturday against the "Housing Bill"...showing integrity, brains, and a spine in the process. That' s the list I'd use.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce, it shows the corpse that once was the proud GOP still has a pulse. Let's see if it still has a spine and some muscle when the really controversial issues come to the floor. Maybe they need to pull out the old Frankenstein movies and see how to bring the body back to life....just DON'T grab the WRONG brain this time.... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: