SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

22nd Congressional District of Florida needs representation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: 22nd Congressional District of Florida needs representation Reply with quote

If you live in the 22nd Congressional District of Florida, please find out more about LTC Allen West.

If you don't live in his district, please consider contacting your friends and relatives in Florida and asking them to look at his website and find out more about him.

LTC Allen West has lived his life in service to America. In 2004, when it was time to retire from more than twenty years of service in the US Army, he brought his wife and two young daughters to Broward County, Florida, where he taught high school. He then returned to Afghanistan as an advisor to the Afghan army, an assignment he finished in November 2007.

Born and raised in Atlanta, Allen West received BS (UT) and MS degrees in political science (KSU). He also holds a Master of Military Arts and Sciences from the US Army Command and General Staff Officer College in political theory and military history and operations.

"Education is the great equalizer," he says. "With a good education, any child in America can live his dream."

Allen West knows that for our children to live their dreams, they need to be safe. He has faced down the world's terrorists: in Operation Desert Storm, in Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was battalion commander for the Army's 4th Infantry Division, and in Afghanistan, where he trains Afghan officers to take on the responsibility of securing their own country.

In his Army career, Col. West has been honored many times, including a Bronze Star, three Meritorious Service Medals, three Army Commendation Medals (one with Valor), and a Valorous Unit Award. He received his valor award as a Captain in Desert Shield/Storm, was the US Army ROTC Instructor of the Year in 1993, and was a Distinguished Honor Graduate III Corps at Fort Hood, Texas Air Assault School.

Excellence is a West family tradition. His wife, Angela, holds an MBA and PhD. and works as a financial planner. His daughter, Aubrey, is a sophomore at Archbishop McCarthy HS and his daughter, Austen, is a 6th grader at Parkway Christian School.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although hes not my area,I will check it out anyway,he certainly has the creds that add up . Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravery, honor, tradition, and service to country run in his family. His older brother was a Marine who was wounded at Khe Sahn during the Vietnam war. This country needs more LtC Allen Wests.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not believe the crap he took over scaring a terrorist. What the hell are we coming to?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice endorsement of LTC West by David Bellavia of Vets For Freedom.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in contact with Steve Clark, Bill Russell's info manager. Bill is running against Murtha in Pennsylvania. I will be adding a link and bio to my veterans page for Bill shortly. Meanwhile, here is the info for anyone in Murtha's district who would like to help Bill BOOT MURTHA from Congress.

Defend Our Heroes

William Russell for Congress
P.O. BOX 630
Johnstown, PA 15907

e: info@RussellBrigade.com
t: 814.525.9171
http://russellbrigade.com/contact/

Steve Clark
PH: 814-944-5995
E: press@russellbrigade.com
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I never thought that I would advocate getting rid of an ex-Marine. This is not a good day for me, but my country comes before Murtha.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murtha has disgraced his fellow Marines just like Kerry disgraced his fellow sailors. He must have thought the motto was "Semper Pariah". No group is perfect, so for the honor of the Corps, BOOT MURTHA. He hasn't worn the uniform in decades anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: