SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horowitz: "ACLU Trying to Bleed Boy Scouts Dry"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Horowitz: "ACLU Trying to Bleed Boy Scouts Dry" Reply with quote

Like all of us, my e-mail doesn't suffer from a lack of solicitations from organizations which I support. On occasion, one arrives that inspires further reflection and, quite often, they come from David Horowitz.

I thought I'd pass it along for your consideration...

Quote:

ACLU Trying to Bleed Boy Scouts Dry
From: David Horowitz Freedom Center ( info@horowitzfreedomcenter.org )
Sent: Fri 9/05/08 12:04 PM

from the Desk of David Horowitz

Dear Fellow American,

I'm certain that you are as angry as I am about the ACLU's seemingly endless attempts to cut the Boy Scouts of America off at the knees.

As the ACLU repeatedly loses to the Scouts in court, it seems obvious the ACLU has chosen to use its multi-million dollar budget to cripple the Scouts financially.

As if it were needed in the first place, the Scouts' right to free association was validated by the Supreme Court in 2000.

Despite the Supreme Court ruling, the ACLU has bullied-on, seeking new and different legal avenues to wear down the Boy Scouts.

We can't let that happen! That's why the Center's legal arm -- the Individual Rights Foundation -- has stood beside the Scouts in a series of big cases.

We established the Scouts Defense Fund of the Individual Rights Foundation and, with the support of Center members from around the nation, we've been able to help with legal advice as a "friend of the court."

Before I detail the fight we're in with the ACLU today, will you please make a generous contribution of $25, $50, $100 or more right now?

Right now we are engaged in a battle royal in San Diego. At issue is the relationship between the local area Scouts council and the City of San Diego.

The city and the Boy Scouts have had a cooperative agreement for years. The Scouts help maintain parkland areas in exchange for a small visitors' fee. In fact, the Scouts have invested millions into creating outstanding family camping and aquatic areas.

Working with city fathers to build and improve parks or areas for the entire public isn't unique to the San Diego Boy Scouts.

For years, Boy Scouts of America has taught millions of young boys about personal responsibility, civic duty, and protecting our parklands ... but the Scouts do have a code of honor that simply infuriates the radical left. It reads:
    "On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."
Duty to God and country ... using their resources to help communities ... not suing anyone and everyone who disagrees with them. These are the traits the radical left, the hate-America left, is rabidly working to strip away.

In this particular case, the ACLU is helping a lesbian couple and an atheist couple -- with Scout-aged sons -- end the Scouts' arrangement with the city. They claim the Scouts' oath to God violates their rights. They assert that the Scouts are a religious organization and as such cannot receive any city benefits.

Recently, the United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit sent questions about the case to the California Supreme Court. This is good for the ACLU, of course, because it drags the case out longer and forces the Boy Scouts to commit even more resources.

But as Judge Andrew J. Kleinfeld so forcefully pointed out in his dissent, "...none of the plaintiffs has suffered any injury or has any standing to sue."

Regardless of that fact, the plaintiffs are able to do whatever they would like because the ACLU is footing the bill!

Will you help us raise another $50,000 for the Scouts Defense Fund of the Individual Rights Foundation by making a contribution now?

The Center works to expose the radical left's anti-American agenda and for years the ACLU has played a major role in forwarding that agenda.

But more and more Americans, like you, are growing tired of the divisiveness and culture of victim-hood. They're helping us rise up and assist in this fight and others like it.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,

David Horowitz
President & Founder
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need tort reform, so these clowns have to pay for the scouts defense once it is shown to be without zero merit
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of sad sadistic SOB goes after the Scouts? The BSA had a fine impact on my life, as well as many others. The ACLU, OTOH, gives me agita! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: