SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patterico: "Andrew Sullivan Mints a New Swift Vet"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Patterico: "Andrew Sullivan Mints a New Swift Vet" Reply with quote

Ted Sampley's a member of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?

Patterico rips Andrew Sullivan:

http://patterico.com/2008/08/26/andrew-sullivan-mints-a-new-swift-vet/

Why is it the mere mention of Swift Boat causes cognitive dysfunction and foam at the lips?

note: Topic amended to reflect author's title/me#1

-Wlm Shakespeare
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for reason, don't look in the direction of far left libs. Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dis and mis-information on the SVPT promulgated by the nutroots is immeasurable. Good on Patterico for taking the lead (see also Tom Maguire at JOM and McQ at QandO) in setting at least one record straight...but I won't hold my breath waiting for Sullivan's retraction.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I recall, Sampley was Army. We that served in the Army do not qualify for the SBVT membership, but we did and still do support them en masse.

The fear expressed in the continual attacks against a disbanded group just shows how effective the guys were and how they have Democrats running scared today.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not forget that the deliberate "misinformation" about the Swiftvets, the use of "Swiftboating" as a pejorative, etc. is an act of political warfare.

It really represents an attack on the Swiftvets specifically, and our country and culture more generally, by a 'foreign' culture, i.e., leftism.

You should treat it no differently than, say, an attack by a foreign invader on our country.

-- FDL
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, Sullivan has issued a retraction. As Patterico notes in the link below, Sullivan's gaff was also picked up by Glenn Reynold's at Instapundit...which probably helped get Sullivan's attention.

While this particular error on Sullivan's part has, perhaps, been dwarfed in import by his wholehearted embrace of the Palin slime emanating from DKos, getting a retraction from Sullivan on ANYTHING is an accomplishment...and Patterico is to be commended for his doggedness in extracting Sullivan's retraction.

Well done Patterico!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: