SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore... Reply with quote

My letter to the editor.

Quote:
"Kan. suspends income tax refunds, may miss payroll"
Posted on Mon, Feb. 16, 2009
By JOHN HANNA
Associated Press Writer

TOPEKA, Kan. - Kansas has suspended income tax refunds and may not be able to pay employees on time, state officials said Monday....
http://www.kansas.com/wireupdates/story/701892.html

I just read the article linked above. Kansas can't pay income tax refunds? ...then STOP collecting income taxes.

What happened to the budget surplus that had been accumulating over the past several years?

Kansas will receive over $300,000,000 for transportation and infrastructure improvements from the "Porkulus Liberals-Wildest-Dreams-Shopping-Spree" courtesy of the taxpayers, including Kansas taxpayers, but that money will probably go to (pick a general fund budget item because it WON'T go to what is claimed). Why not return some of that money to the taxpayers of Kansas and kill two birds with one stone?

If I notified the Kansas Department of Revenue that I didn't have the money to pay my Kansas income tax, would they allow me to delay paying it until I could come up with it by any of the means available to the State of Kansas, or would they begin collection processing, file a lien against my assets, and start charging interest and penalties from the first day?

Here's a novel way for the State of Kansas to solve their problem and still pay their obligation to the taxpayers of Kansas:

1. Immediately cease collecting income taxes and any other taxes from Kansas taxpayers until such time as their obligation to us has been fulfilled.
2. Stop allowing JUDGES to issue appropriations bills from the bench, such as the ones telling the Legislature how much money they MUST spend on education and education related matters. Limit the jurisdiction of judges to matters for which the judiciary was created under our constitution. Learn the phrase "Separation of Powers".
3. Stop ALL spending on unconstitutional discretionary budget items for which there is obviously NO MONEY and no constitutional authorization.
4. Stop using taxpayers' money to provide non-emergency services to persons in our state who have no proof they are in our state legally and to anyone who has no legitimate claim on such services. Stop using taxpayers' money to provide instate tuition for them and stop allowing them to overcrowd and financially burden our medical facilities and health care system and social services.

In a phrase, the State of Kansas should practice the same fiscal responsibility that WE must practice in the private sector to stay solvent. We don't have the unlimited taxing and borrowing and confiscatory powers that the State of Kansas has, yet we are given no relief from our obligations, and each year, we are required to assume the financing of more and more of the reckless obligations of the State of Kansas. The well is running dry, and in case the word hasn't reached Topeka, we are in a deepening recession.

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY.

...the registered voters in Illinois would be turning over in their graves if this were happening in their state, but apparently they have other problems to deal with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: