SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World Net Daily Gets It Wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: World Net Daily Gets It Wrong Reply with quote

Deviating from the norm of posting the actual title to an article, this is more about a small section within an article than the article itself.

In an article appearing on World Net Daily, Dig this: Media actually probed other candidates, ostensibly about the media's lack of interest in probing records of Barack Obama, they make mention of all the records probed and released on past Presidents and candidates for the Presidency

Quote:
Sen. John Kerry

Medical records: After initial reluctance, Sen. John Kerry allowed the Navy to release his full medical records in 2004.

College records: In June 2005, the Boston Globe divulged Kerry's transcript information from his undergraduate record at Yale. It revealed that Kerry had a cumulative grade average of 76 over four years in school. His freshman year average was 71 and his senior year average was 81.

Military records: During the 2004 election, Kerry posted his military records at his website. On May 20, 2005, he waived privacy restrictions and authorized release of his full military records.

Divorce records: John Kerry and Julia Stimson Thorne, Kerry's first wife, were separated in 1982 and divorced in July 25, 1988. The Associated Press revealed details from records of John and Julia's "no fault" divorce, citing generic grounds of ''irretrievable breakdown of the marriage."

For all this "full release" of Kerry's records, I have yet to actually see them in print or online.

I don't know who Chelsea Schilling is, but Jerome Corsi should know what is stated is mistaken.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord.

And she actually quotes from Kranish's Globe article as the source for "On May 20, 2005, he waived privacy restrictions and authorized release of his full military records."

To WHOM were they released Miss Schilling? To WHOM?

And while we're on the subject of Kranish's propaganda,
(emphasis mine)...

Michael Kranish wrote:
The records, which the Navy Personnel Command provided to the Globe, are mostly a duplication of what Kerry released during his 2004 campaign for president, including numerous commendations from commanding officers who later criticized Kerry's Vietnam service.

The lack of any substantive new material about Kerry's military career in the documents raises the question of why Kerry refused for so long to waive privacy restrictions.

First, let's establish at least one indusputable FACT, even from Kranish's whitewash of Kerry's record release. Throughout the campaign, Kerry and his minions lied, repeatedly, as to the completeness of the records that he had released during the campaign...

Quote:
When asked about the questions surrounding his Purple Hearts Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," Kerry said all his military records are available to the public.

CBS News, April 21, 2004

...and dissembled, repeatedly, as to his intent to provide unfettered public access to those records (emphasis mine)...

Quote:
MR. RUSSERT: Many people who've been criticizing you have said: Senator, if you would just do one thing and that is sign Form 180, which would allow historians and journalists complete access to all your military records. Thus far, you have gotten the records, released them through your campaign. They say you should not be the filter. Sign Form 180 and let the historians...

SEN. KERRY: I'd be happy to put the records out. We put all the records out that I had been sent by the military. Then at the last moment, they sent some more stuff, which had some things that weren't even relevant to the record. So when we get--I'm going to sit down with them and make sure that they are clear and I am clear as to what is in the record and what isn't in the record and we'll put it out. I have no problem with that.

MR. RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

SEN. KERRY: But everything, Tim...

MR. RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

SEN. KERRY: Yes, I will. But everything that we put in it, Tim--everything we put in--I mean, everything that was out was a full documentation of all of the medical records, all of the fitness reports.

Meet the Press, January 30, 2005

That Kerry, instead, chose to "release" those records, limited as it was, to 3 established Kerry sycophants some 6 MONTHS AFTER THE FACT of the election apparently leaves Miss Schilling unfazed.

Kranish's opinion that the release, restricted as it was, lacked "substantive" new material was apparently not shared by Stephen Braun of the LA Times who wrote...

Stephen Braun wrote:
A less flattering portrait of Kerry shows up in other documents in the file. Correspondence from Navy officials reveals that soon after leaving Vietnam, Kerry took pains to make sure that all his wartime commendations were documented in his military file.

"Subject officer advised ... that he has never received the citation or decoration for the Silver Star medal," a Navy personnel officer wrote in a file notation in December 1969 -- nine months after Kerry had returned from Vietnam.

"Kerry Makes His Military, Medical File Available", Stephen Braun, LA Times, June 8, 2005

note: Italicized text is curiously missing from the LA Times' archive of this story and was obtained by downloading the pay-for-view article

It is rather odd that Braun cites the above "document" (among "documents"...plural) when, by itself, it might easily be dismissed as an innocuous attempt by a veteran to receive credit for a service award. It begs the question of what might be contained in the additional hertofore unseen documents Braun alluded to that might further support these "documents" as evidencing a "less flattering portrait of Kerry".

Apparently no one was interested in pursuing the obvious question with Mr. Braun.

P.S. Lew, I just noticed "Jerome Corsi" as being available for further media inquiries. I can't believe he might have consulted in this story as it is written.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing Ms. Schilling seems to have missed, besides the obvious concerning Kerry, is what I think is a pattern with Democrat candidates and not being forthcoming with their records.

While we understandably focus on Kerry, Clinton, Gore, Kerry and now Obama have all been reluctant to release a full accounting of their records.

I emailed Ms. Schilling last evening pointing out the error in her article.
Just waiting on a reply.

#1, if any one knows the extent of Kerry's deflecting any release of his records, it would be Jerome Corsi. In my email to Ms. Schilling I mentioned him as someone who should be well informed on Kerry's lack of candor.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, judging by the picture of Kerry she chose to illustrate her commentary, I must assume her heart is in the right place, if not her mastery of the facts.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that too. Laughing

If we can only get her the correct facts, now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: